Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I have just returned from a 'mixed fortunes' four day stay in Paris during which time we visited all three Hermes stores. My partner and I both tried the lottery on each day, with no luck :sad:, and we also tried for walk-in appointments at all three stores. We had no luck at Sevres or Georges V but we were granted a 'non-quota' bag appointment at FSH on day three. I was really excited to have the chance to consider purchasing a non-quota bag, but the appointment proved to be quite disappointing. I definitely didn't 'click' with the SA and, although she displayed the mandatory pleasantries, I could sense that she was not going to be overly helpful. I had been made aware before the appointment that it there would be no Kelly or Birkin offer but basically everything I asked for was answered with a 'not in stock' - I was told categorically that all the popular bags were out of stock and the most I could hope for were Garden Party, Evelyn (non in my requested colours) or Picotin. I was actually shown a Picotin in deep blue (gorgeous colour!) but I couldn't love it and sadly had to decline. Also, during our stay I tried on numerous occasions to view a Kelly to Go, since it does not require a leather appointment, but I was met with a brick wall in all the stores ................ until the last day!! At FSH, after being told that Kelly to Go's are rarely in stock, I was offered a choice of two and ended up choosing an Etoupe with gold hardware to bring home 😊
To set some context to this visit, I am from the UK and I have been extremely lucky in Paris on several occasions. QB offers on 3 out of 6 visits but not on last 2 visits. Really hoped for a Kelly 28 but mustn't be greedy!
Thank you for your sharing. Although it’s not the outcome you’d like, at least QBs had been offers before (and hopefully accepted :smile:. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you score a ‘non-QB’ appointment?

So… another strike and no for cancellation/walk in at FSH today either. Bought couple of scarves and made it upstairs to check out some shoes after rejection. Shoes dept very full of clients, but limited SAs. Sis joked there are actually more security guys than SAs.

While waiting for assistance, sis pointed to a young lady seated at the window nearby, as she thought the color of her B25 was really nice.

Apparently, she was getting bags. SA was holding two mini Lindys, a very light green one and another that looked like mauve pale. Interestingly, it looked like she was getting both? When I mentioned this fact to sis, she shrugged and said “Well, she’s carrying a gator Birkin. I guess she gets better treatment.” Did not see what else others were getting but many did leave with big boxes.

Sis asked for Chypres, which they had black and white. She said she would take both and got a surprising reply only one pair per person for every 6 month! But since I was there too, they let us split them into two purchases. SA said same rule applies to Bouncing sneakers.

At check out, cashier said they get those shoes daily, so not as if they are really short stocked. I guess the policy stands more for reselling prevention?

So, do people really cancel their leather appointments? (I mean, who would??) Or is it just random blurb that SAs use to offer QBs to some clients??
I think some people do cancel due to travel plans like not being able to move their flights/trains or applying in a different country and not being able to find transportation for the next day. It does seem rare though. One SA told me that they wait a LOONNNGG time for the person to show up for the appointment. Probably at least an hour.

I think some people do cancel due to travel plans like not being able to move their flights/trains or applying in a different country and not being able to find transportation for the next day. It does seem rare though. One SA told me that they wait a LOONNNGG time for the person to show up for the appointment. Probably at least an hour.
Thank you. That's what I thought. By the way, is it really "cancel" officially or is it more like "no show" at all? When you get the appt via lottery, there is no way to opt out to "cancel" it. So, it seems like "no show" to me.

Either way, I think it is super rare. I mean... if most people are really, really serious about leather appointments (and trying multiple times for days) and if they get it via lottery, it is very unlikely to not show up for that appointments, I think.

Somehow, I feel like those FSH visitors frequently ask SAs if there's any cancellation... when it is just super rare. I feel like it's bugging if I were an SA.

Thank you. That's what I thought. By the way, is it really "cancel" officially or is it more like "no show" at all? When you get the appt via lottery, there is no way to opt out to "cancel" it. So, it seems like "no show" to me.

Either way, I think it is super rare. I mean... if most people are really, really serious about leather appointments (and trying multiple times for days) and if they get it via lottery, it is very unlikely to not show up for that appointments, I think.

Somehow, I feel like those FSH visitors frequently ask SAs if there's any cancellation... when it is just super rare. I feel like it's bugging if I were an SA.
I think some people do call the store ahead of time to let them know they can't come. Others just don't show up.

I know that some people in the US (and probably other countries) do apply for fun, which is a bummer because they're taking away from people in Paris applying and are serious about going. I definitely do think SAs get annoyed about it, esp if people are rude and insistent.

So, do people really cancel their leather appointments? (I mean, who would??) Or is it just random blurb that SAs use to offer QBs to some clients??
From what my SA told me last time I was there in October, how many walk ins they can take not only depends on if they have no shows or cancellations but how many SAs they have on the floor that day. This also take into account people who are considered VIP etc who either cancel or don't show up etc. So, it's not just in reference to people who get an appt off of the lottery system.

I know it's hard to imagine, but there are lots of people who live in Paris who are regular clients and also have appointments, and those appointments do get moved around, because it's a normal city in which people live and work 🤷‍♀️ ...
AND there are also plenty of people who visit Paris, get an Hermès appointment, and then decide to go to Versailles or lunch or whatever instead - not everyone sees a leather appointment as the highlight of a trip. This forum is a slightly biased sample 🤣 .

And of course you can cancel...per @banislandresident , all the stores have phones! The SAs here tell me there are actually tons of no-shows with no notice. Why would someone not call?!

I know it's hard to imagine, but there are lots of people who live in Paris who are regular clients and also have appointments, and those appointments do get moved around, because it's a normal city in which people live and work 🤷‍♀️ ...
AND there are also plenty of people who visit Paris, get an Hermès appointment, and then decide to go to Versailles or lunch or whatever instead - not everyone sees a leather appointment as the highlight of a trip. This forum is a slightly biased sample 🤣 .

And of course you can cancel...per @banislandresident , all the stores have phones! The SAs here tell me there are actually tons of no-shows with no notice. Why would someone not call?!
Thank you! I just found it a bit irrational sometimes. Maybe just in my head... I would never cancel it unless something really emergent issues happen.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
I managed to get the non-quota bag appointment by inquiring in the morning about any cancellations and was told to return later that afternoon. When I returned at around 4pm they said that they would make an exception and grant a n appointment but that there would be no Birkins or Kelly’s offered.

Reactions: misg19 and bbelly
My sis got the appointment with a single try once few years ago. But she had to an important meeting that day and could not make it. We didn’t know how to contact the store but did send an email or message to whatever we found at the time about not being to make it.

The next day, she went to FSH and asked for a walk in chance. They initially said nothing available. But after explaining what happened, they checked the records and magically appointment was granted right away. I have to add though, the person in charge was our favorite hostess and she did say she remembers seeing us many times from previous trips.

Anyways, it seems once you are “chosen,” they really do try to accommodate. I was late to past appointments couple times, once due to oversleeping and once with appointment time changing multiple times throughout the day. Both visits, they did not care how behind I was, as long as I showed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjkcrs
Just had an amazing day at George V! A couple years ago, I was fortunate enough to get a K25 as a walk in, and the SA gave me her number to set up appointments in the future. Last year, we met up again and I got a B30.

This time, I let her know a couple weeks in advance and she told me to come in Monday morning (I notice she likes morning appointments, I assume because of availability). I ended up buying a gorgeous leather jacket, a pair of pants, and a sweater dress, total spend was about 9k euros.

After we decided on those items, she asked me straight up: “do you want a bag?” I was thrilled—I’ve only met her twice before and we don’t discuss what bags I want beforehand, so I never want to just assume she’ll get me a bag, especially because she’s not a leather SA. I frantically nodded and told her I’d love a MK, K28 or K32, and gave her a few colors. She came back with a small (!) box, but told me that unfortunately, there were no more Ks (there had been 2 that morning but both were gone). Then she pulled out a B25 in Bleu Jean! I was super excited about the B25, but didn’t want another blue Birkin (my other one is BdP). To my surprise, she gave me a list of colors she had available for B25–black, gold, bright green, and orange.

I was thinking orange would be a nice pop when she continued and said… “and I have one in light, light pink, but I don’t know if it’s your style.” I held my breath and asked for the specific color. She said: “rose Sakura.”

!!!

I’m OBSESSED with rose Sakura, but I never thought I could get it, so I didn’t even mention it as a possibility! Of course I said GO GO GO. She explained that the reason she wasn’t sure I’d want it was because of the swift leather. I had previously let her know that delicate leathers made me nervous. She said this was only the second RS birkin she’d seen in a year. Anyway, she went down to get it and … the rest is history.
Wow! I'm not even a pink person but this is beautiful!

Reactions: Loubies89
I have just returned from a 'mixed fortunes' four day stay in Paris during which time we visited all three Hermes stores. My partner and I both tried the lottery on each day, with no luck :sad:, and we also tried for walk-in appointments at all three stores. We had no luck at Sevres or Georges V but we were granted a 'non-quota' bag appointment at FSH on day three. I was really excited to have the chance to consider purchasing a non-quota bag, but the appointment proved to be quite disappointing. I definitely didn't 'click' with the SA and, although she displayed the mandatory pleasantries, I could sense that she was not going to be overly helpful. I had been made aware before the appointment that it there would be no Kelly or Birkin offer but basically everything I asked for was answered with a 'not in stock' - I was told categorically that all the popular bags were out of stock and the most I could hope for were Garden Party, Evelyn (non in my requested colours) or Picotin. I was actually shown a Picotin in deep blue (gorgeous colour!) but I couldn't love it and sadly had to decline. Also, during our stay I tried on numerous occasions to view a Kelly to Go, since it does not require a leather appointment, but I was met with a brick wall in all the stores ................ until the last day!! At FSH, after being told that Kelly to Go's are rarely in stock, I was offered a choice of two and ended up choosing an Etoupe with gold hardware to bring home 😊
To set some context to this visit, I am from the UK and I have been extremely lucky in Paris on several occasions. QB offers on 3 out of 6 visits but not on last 2 visits. Really hoped for a Kelly 28 but mustn't be greedy!
Congratulations on the etoupe KTG! May I ask what the second color offered was and what day you picked up your KTG? I ask because i picked up mine on Monday. My SA initially told me there was none in stock but then went to the back room and came back with a KTG. He mentioned sometimes its possible that another SA "checked out" an item from inventory to show a customer but it doesn't necessarily mean a client purchased the item. Not sure if I believe that reason, but curious nonetheless if I picked up the KTG you turned down :nuts: :P

Reactions: periogirl28