Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I am sorry if this was asked previously: Do we have access to the garden on the rooftop in FSH? I did not look for the garden when I was there last time, and would like to check it out in my next visit. (I saw this on Instagram posted by Hermes.) Also, is the garden similar to the one in Madison maison in NYC? TIA.
I believe the NYC Madison Maison garden is open to all visitors to the store. Historically the garden on the roof at FSH has always been private and reserved for Hermes family and used occasionally for corporate events according to my SAs. When not in use, clients are occasionally invited to visit, with the arrangements made with the store manager or senior staff. My family and I have been extremely fortunate to have been offered surprise visits to admire the flowers, plants and trees across the seasons. It's really very pretty and amazingly quiet up there. There is also a dining room, a small kitchen and a chef to cater for events and for small parties, sometimes including clients. HTH!

I believe the NYC Madison Maison garden is open to all visitors to the store. Historically the garden on the roof at FSH has always been private and reserved for Hermes family and used occasionally for corporate events according to my SAs. When not in use, clients are occasionally invited to visit, with the arrangements made with the store manager or senior staff. My family and I have been extremely fortunate to have been offered surprise visits to admire the flowers, plants and trees across the seasons. It's really very pretty and amazingly quiet up there. There is also a dining room, a small kitchen and a chef to cater for events and for small parties, sometimes including clients. HTH!

I clearly have no issue getting a QB when I visit Paris each time, but I am now hoping to experience this as well. Your comment is insightful and thank you for sharing your experience.

Does anyone know about how long tailoring RTW in Paris would take? I’m looking to dip my toe into H RTW and suspect I’ll need tailoring, as I’m short and thicc :biggrin:. I’ll be in Paris for 8 days this spring, so wondering if that would be a realistic time frame to purchase something and have it altered if needed.

Does anyone know about how long tailoring RTW in Paris would take? I’m looking to dip my toe into H RTW and suspect I’ll need tailoring, as I’m short and thicc :biggrin:. I’ll be in Paris for 8 days this spring, so wondering if that would be a realistic time frame to purchase something and have it altered if needed.
If you go at the beginning of your trip they might be able to accommodate, depending on the alterations needed.

Reactions: Ceeje89
Wanted to share a disappointing visit I had at the George V store a few days ago. I finally got an appointment for around 3PM after 2 weeks of trying. Originally it was at 6PM but then morning of it kept jumping around from 2 to 3PM then to 1:30PM and we had to scramble to get to the store.

After checking in at the desk, an SA approached us a few minutes later and got straight to the point - asking what I was looking for. No small talk, no asking if we wanted a drink or anything. I explained my preferences for a small bag - either B or K in a neutral color with ghw, or a C in a neutral color with ghw if B/K wasn't available. The SA left and came back super quickly - probably in around 5 minutes which was a bad sign. She brought out one box and I immediately knew it was a Constance. I was super excited until I saw the color was a bright ass yellow with phw and my heart sank. I respectfully passed on a bag since I was really hoping for a neutral/everyday bag. I then asked her if she had any mini lindys and she said there was none in stock, they didn't receive a shipment today so there were barely any bags available, and def no quota bags. I saw an SA showing some guys an evelyne at another table, so it could be possible there's really not much in the stockroom.

We were in and out in 15-20 minutes; I knew that there was a possibility of this happening esp since we were at the store with the least stock, but was still really hopeful/excited since I finally got an appointment after soooo long.

Now the question I have is: does getting an appointment hurt your chances of getting another lottery appointment? I didn't purchase any bags during this appointment, which I know can hurt your chances of getting another bag in a short time frame. I am in Paris for a few more weeks so will keep trying.
😵‍💫😵‍💫 I was offered the exact same C bag yesterday at George V! No birkins or Kelly's.

This is my second leather appointment this year..no Birkin or Kelly :sad:

😵‍💫😵‍💫 I was offered the exact same C bag yesterday at George V! No birkins or Kelly's.

This is my second leather appointment this year..no Birkin or Kelly :sad:
OMG! Did you end up buying a bag?

Also when was your first leather appointment this year? I'm trying to figure out if getting selected for a leather appointment would prevent me from getting selected again in the next few weeks.

Just had an amazing day at George V! A couple years ago, I was fortunate enough to get a K25 as a walk in, and the SA gave me her number to set up appointments in the future. Last year, we met up again and I got a B30.

This time, I let her know a couple weeks in advance and she told me to come in Monday morning (I notice she likes morning appointments, I assume because of availability). I ended up buying a gorgeous leather jacket, a pair of pants, and a sweater dress, total spend was about 9k euros.

After we decided on those items, she asked me straight up: “do you want a bag?” I was thrilled—I’ve only met her twice before and we don’t discuss what bags I want beforehand, so I never want to just assume she’ll get me a bag, especially because she’s not a leather SA. I frantically nodded and told her I’d love a MK, K28 or K32, and gave her a few colors. She came back with a small (!) box, but told me that unfortunately, there were no more Ks (there had been 2 that morning but both were gone). Then she pulled out a B25 in Bleu Jean! I was super excited about the B25, but didn’t want another blue Birkin (my other one is BdP). To my surprise, she gave me a list of colors she had available for B25–black, gold, bright green, and orange.

I was thinking orange would be a nice pop when she continued and said… “and I have one in light, light pink, but I don’t know if it’s your style.” I held my breath and asked for the specific color. She said: “rose Sakura.”

!!!

I’m OBSESSED with rose Sakura, but I never thought I could get it, so I didn’t even mention it as a possibility! Of course I said GO GO GO. She explained that the reason she wasn’t sure I’d want it was because of the swift leather. I had previously let her know that delicate leathers made me nervous. She said this was only the second RS birkin she’d seen in a year. Anyway, she went down to get it and … the rest is history.

Attachments

• 070A9B23-7897-4AA9-9DC0-65A0AA85D18A.jpeg
    070A9B23-7897-4AA9-9DC0-65A0AA85D18A.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Just had an amazing day at George V! A couple years ago, I was fortunate enough to get a K25 as a walk in, and the SA gave me her number to set up appointments in the future. Last year, we met up again and I got a B30.

This time, I let her know a couple weeks in advance and she told me to come in Monday morning (I notice she likes morning appointments, I assume because of availability). I ended up buying a gorgeous leather jacket, a pair of pants, and a sweater dress, total spend was about 9k euros.

After we decided on those items, she asked me straight up: “do you want a bag?” I was thrilled—I’ve only met her twice before and we don’t discuss what bags I want beforehand, so I never want to just assume she’ll get me a bag, especially because she’s not a leather SA. I frantically nodded and told her I’d love a MK, K28 or K32, and gave her a few colors. She came back with a small (!) box, but told me that unfortunately, there were no more Ks (there had been 2 that morning but both were gone). Then she pulled out a B25 in Bleu Jean! I was super excited about the B25, but didn’t want another blue Birkin (my other one is BdP). To my surprise, she gave me a list of colors she had available for B25–black, gold, bright green, and orange.

I was thinking orange would be a nice pop when she continued and said… “and I have one in light, light pink, but I don’t know if it’s your style.” I held my breath and asked for the specific color. She said: “rose Sakura.”

!!!

I’m OBSESSED with rose Sakura, but I never thought I could get it, so I didn’t even mention it as a possibility! Of course I said GO GO GO. She explained that the reason she wasn’t sure I’d want it was because of the swift leather. I had previously let her know that delicate leathers made me nervous. She said this was only the second RS birkin she’d seen in a year. Anyway, she went down to get it and … the rest is history.
Beautiful, especially in Swift! What a lovely story :smile:

!!!

Amazing indeed! Congrats on a successful trip 😍

Reactions: Loubies89
Hello! First time posting here :smile:

I'll be headed to Paris for 5 days in April with my boyfriend and definitely want to try my luck at the lottery system! Previously have only bought a few scarves from FSH.

I'm also hoping to pick up a few smaller items and just visit the stores since they're so beautiful, and was wondering how important the clothes we choose to wear to the stores are (both for regular shopping and if we're so lucky as to get a leather appt). I feel like I've seen mixed/little feedback in that regard.

Thanks very much in advance!
I don't think it matters at all. I've literally gotten Bs wearing my travel sweats and dirty tennis shoes. Be respectful, be yourself, and if it's meant to be you'll get lucky, if not you're in Paris, and still lucky.