Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I am sorry if this was asked previously: Do we have access to the garden on the rooftop in FSH? I did not look for the garden when I was there last time, and would like to check it out in my next visit. (I saw this on Instagram posted by Hermes.) Also, is the garden similar to the one in Madison maison in NYC? TIA.
From what I've been told, your home store has to request the visit for you. The former director at my local store offered to do this for me, unfortunately I forgot to ask before my trip and missed my chance.

Just had an amazing day at George V! A couple years ago, I was fortunate enough to get a K25 as a walk in, and the SA gave me her number to set up appointments in the future. Last year, we met up again and I got a B30.

This time, I let her know a couple weeks in advance and she told me to come in Monday morning (I notice she likes morning appointments, I assume because of availability). I ended up buying a gorgeous leather jacket, a pair of pants, and a sweater dress, total spend was about 9k euros.

After we decided on those items, she asked me straight up: “do you want a bag?” I was thrilled—I’ve only met her twice before and we don’t discuss what bags I want beforehand, so I never want to just assume she’ll get me a bag, especially because she’s not a leather SA. I frantically nodded and told her I’d love a MK, K28 or K32, and gave her a few colors. She came back with a small (!) box, but told me that unfortunately, there were no more Ks (there had been 2 that morning but both were gone). Then she pulled out a B25 in Bleu Jean! I was super excited about the B25, but didn’t want another blue Birkin (my other one is BdP). To my surprise, she gave me a list of colors she had available for B25–black, gold, bright green, and orange.

I was thinking orange would be a nice pop when she continued and said… “and I have one in light, light pink, but I don’t know if it’s your style.” I held my breath and asked for the specific color. She said: “rose Sakura.”

!!!

I’m OBSESSED with rose Sakura, but I never thought I could get it, so I didn’t even mention it as a possibility! Of course I said GO GO GO. She explained that the reason she wasn’t sure I’d want it was because of the swift leather. I had previously let her know that delicate leathers made me nervous. She said this was only the second RS birkin she’d seen in a year. Anyway, she went down to get it and … the rest is history.
I love your story so much! Congratulations and wear in good health 🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽

Reactions: Loubies89
Just had an amazing day at George V! A couple years ago, I was fortunate enough to get a K25 as a walk in, and the SA gave me her number to set up appointments in the future. Last year, we met up again and I got a B30.

This time, I let her know a couple weeks in advance and she told me to come in Monday morning (I notice she likes morning appointments, I assume because of availability). I ended up buying a gorgeous leather jacket, a pair of pants, and a sweater dress, total spend was about 9k euros.

After we decided on those items, she asked me straight up: “do you want a bag?” I was thrilled—I’ve only met her twice before and we don’t discuss what bags I want beforehand, so I never want to just assume she’ll get me a bag, especially because she’s not a leather SA. I frantically nodded and told her I’d love a MK, K28 or K32, and gave her a few colors. She came back with a small (!) box, but told me that unfortunately, there were no more Ks (there had been 2 that morning but both were gone). Then she pulled out a B25 in Bleu Jean! I was super excited about the B25, but didn’t want another blue Birkin (my other one is BdP). To my surprise, she gave me a list of colors she had available for B25–black, gold, bright green, and orange.

I was thinking orange would be a nice pop when she continued and said… “and I have one in light, light pink, but I don’t know if it’s your style.” I held my breath and asked for the specific color. She said: “rose Sakura.”

!!!

I’m OBSESSED with rose Sakura, but I never thought I could get it, so I didn’t even mention it as a possibility! Of course I said GO GO GO. She explained that the reason she wasn’t sure I’d want it was because of the swift leather. I had previously let her know that delicate leathers made me nervous. She said this was only the second RS birkin she’d seen in a year. Anyway, she went down to get it and … the rest is history.
Congrats!!! This is my dream bag! Heading to Paris / George V store in a couple of months, any tips on pre-spend? You mentioned you had had her twice as your SA before your most recent visit?)

Congrats!!! This is my dream bag! Heading to Paris / George V store in a couple of months, any tips on pre-spend? You mentioned you had had her twice as your SA before your most recent visit?)
Good luck! My prespend has ranged between 4K-9k euros and generally focused on RTW. I only bought what I really wanted, didn’t try to act strategically or anything (meaning spending across XYZ categories or hitting a certain amount etc). Before those two visits, I didn’t have any kind of profile or prespend in France. And yes, I’ve seen her twice before. I met her 2 years ago (without an appointment) and she offered me a K25, then she gave me her cell so we could keep in touch.

Reactions: aa_ and misg19
Good luck! My prespend has ranged between 4K-9k euros and generally focused on RTW. I only bought what I really wanted, didn’t try to act strategically or anything (meaning spending across XYZ categories or hitting a certain amount etc). Before those two visits, I didn’t have any kind of profile or prespend in France. And yes, I’ve seen her twice before. I met her 2 years ago (without an appointment) and she offered me a K25, then she gave me her cell so we could keep in touch.
Thank you for sharing! Yes I have a RTW (coat) + a pair of loafers in mind.
We need more positive stories like yours! Congrats again and enjoy the bag!

!!!

Omg congrats!! I don’t think swift is that delicate. I have an ml in swift and it has been through the rain and snow in various countries. It’s still doing well and not getting mould unlike my other bags 😭

Congrats! It’s such a wonderful narration. I’m sure a lot of us are happy for you!

I have just returned from a 'mixed fortunes' four day stay in Paris during which time we visited all three Hermes stores. My partner and I both tried the lottery on each day, with no luck :sad:, and we also tried for walk-in appointments at all three stores. We had no luck at Sevres or Georges V but we were granted a 'non-quota' bag appointment at FSH on day three. I was really excited to have the chance to consider purchasing a non-quota bag, but the appointment proved to be quite disappointing. I definitely didn't 'click' with the SA and, although she displayed the mandatory pleasantries, I could sense that she was not going to be overly helpful. I had been made aware before the appointment that it there would be no Kelly or Birkin offer but basically everything I asked for was answered with a 'not in stock' - I was told categorically that all the popular bags were out of stock and the most I could hope for were Garden Party, Evelyn (non in my requested colours) or Picotin. I was actually shown a Picotin in deep blue (gorgeous colour!) but I couldn't love it and sadly had to decline. Also, during our stay I tried on numerous occasions to view a Kelly to Go, since it does not require a leather appointment, but I was met with a brick wall in all the stores ................ until the last day!! At FSH, after being told that Kelly to Go's are rarely in stock, I was offered a choice of two and ended up choosing an Etoupe with gold hardware to bring home 😊
To set some context to this visit, I am from the UK and I have been extremely lucky in Paris on several occasions. QB offers on 3 out of 6 visits but not on last 2 visits. Really hoped for a Kelly 28 but mustn't be greedy!

Last edited:
I am back in Paris with sis! We applied for lottery for Monday while home in NY, but no luck. Tried for Tuesday appointment after arriving and checking in at hotel, which was very frustrating as we were not getting validation email essential to actual registering for the lottery.

Gave up after few tries and just slept through whole day till I woke up in evening and tried once again. I realized my VPN was off, and once turned that on, it worked! We are using hotel Wi-Fi, which is of course in Paris, but it seems I still had to turn on VPN to receive validation email.

When I finally got it done, I was shouting it out in happiness as if I secured an appointment, lol. Sis woke up soon as she heard and urged me to sign her up as well. Unfortunately it was 7pm on the dot and application link was closed. Sis was super angry and like how a sibling should be in this kind of situation, I did “Haha. I did it when you can’t. You snooze, you lose” song and dance. But it was second strike, so no appointment for either of us.

Finally got ourselves back at FSH few hours ago and did the pathetic begging of appointment slots. A bit upsetting story is involved as well, but I would save it for later, as it is complicated and we are still trying to see if we can have happier ending to it.

One of my goals for this trip was to to show my “problem bag” to the craftsman. So I visited the after sale service area when it was clear they can’t squeeze us in today.

I left the service area feeling sadder, as they said they cannot do anything for my problem bag. And got mixed feeling when seeing other clients as I passed the high jewelry area.

One guy, I’m guessing an American in his 30s was seated right next to after service area had an Epsom K28 on the table. Looked like he bought many things, judging from all the shopping bags next to him.

At opposite end of the room, there was another guy in his 50s-60s, with a K25 on the table. I was existing the room just as his SA was asking her colleague about availability of Blue Jean as another option.

Both Ks were in similar warm tone light shades. I only collect and use non neutral colors, so no idea which colors exactly. Still both were very pretty and I am betting most of the ladies here would say “I’ll take it!” as soon as either came out of the box. Interestingly, neither men seemed satisfied with what was presented in front of them.

any advice on picking up smaller leather goods? Specifically a PM Ulysse notebook cover and/or a men’s wallet/card holder. It sounds like I should be able to walk in and shop (won’t need a “leather” appointment or any other type of appointment), if someone could confirm that. Are the smaller stores worth a shot? I’d like to avoid the FSH store if possible. Not sure what supply is like for these items when I assume the demand is a lot lower than for bags or shoes. Thanks!

any advice on picking up smaller leather goods? Specifically a PM Ulysse notebook cover and/or a men’s wallet/card holder. It sounds like I should be able to walk in and shop (won’t need a “leather” appointment or any other type of appointment), if someone could confirm that. Are the smaller stores worth a shot? I’d like to avoid the FSH store if possible. Not sure what supply is like for these items when I assume the demand is a lot lower than for bags or shoes. Thanks!
No, you don’t need an appointment for these. I’d consider a visit to Sèvres since you may also be lucky to find some interesting SLGs in Petit H (others who have visited very recently may be able to add info about what is there at the moment).

I had luck yesterday for a non quota bag at George V. I walked in and asked for a 24/24 in the mini size and was sent to the leather desk, where the woman at the desk said she needed to ask the manager first. After she talked to the manager she said “great news, we had a cancellation and will be able to accommodate you!”

The sales associate who helped me wasn’t very warm, but he brought out the bag I wanted in gold with silver hardware! I said I’ll take it! He was grumpy I didn’t want to do more shopping and had already bought RTW at FSH (lol for some reason he read my previous days purchases back to me), but oh well! I’m really happy to have scored a bag on my wishlist!

I had so much trouble at FSH as well, definitely didn’t have ANY luck shopping RTW and asking for cancellations.