Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Sadly I didn’t get anything else, the queue was long, cashiers busy ringing and it was past closing time. Have never seen FSH this crazy, if I didn’t have an appt, I wouldn’t have gone in or try to go another day or time. Felt like I was lucky to have made it out in one piece lol (phobia of crowd trampling).
Yes, that store is stuffed with merchandise counters and display cases especially on the main floor. Hey, you can get anything pretty much anywhere but a barenia 35 is truly a score. Congrats.

Reactions: CMilly
Sadly I didn’t get anything else, the queue was long, cashiers busy ringing and it was past closing time. Have never seen FSH this crazy, if I didn’t have an appt, I wouldn’t have gone in or try to go another day or time. Felt like I was lucky to have made it out in one piece lol (phobia of crowd trampling).
I don't blame you at all! I'd get very claustrophobic. Congrats again on your B in Barenia and sharing your experience!!!

Thanks so much ladies, OMG CANNOT believe that I finally scored a 35 Barenia Faubourg gold!! FSH was totally utterly insane, must be due to Valentine’s Day. Appt got bounced around a dozen times but finally made it in almost at closing. Didn’t have high hopes due to crowd, lateness of day etc. a well dressed young woman in her 30s was my SA, friendly though no Chatty Cathy. Gave her my specs Birkin 30/35 with rose gold hardware (impossible to find this color finish for bags ) in a classic color, my saving grace was that 35 seems to be more readily available based on past visits, and I’m one of those ladies who just love the 35 (30 is a little too small for my need, 32 is actually my ideal size though Birkin doesn’t come in that size). Took about 10 min when SA came back with big box, no rose gold she said but how about this? Must have screamed yes 3 times in case she didn’t hear me . now I’m spent, physically and figuratively View attachment 4663006 .
So thrilled for you!!! Sounds like a crazy day all around- but WOW!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us- makes everyone here just smile. :biggrin::biggrin:

the place is overwhelming. i had to visit the place around 5 times during our visit as i keep on forgetting the stuffs i would like to get. i was lucky to stay just a block away from the store so going back was just easy. then when i was already out of paris, i remembered i composed a note on my phone just for my h wish list and i wasn’t happy with how i performed.. hahaha! ‍♀️

now that I have had some time to digest and process, my visit feels so surreal in that I should have not been offered any bag at all let alone a Barenia Birkin 10 minutes before closing. am not a fatalist by nature but logically the facts didn't add up. starting with how many times my appt was pushed back (every 5 min I got an alert starting from 30 min out) which tells me the leather queue was busy if not bordering manic). yet during that entire hour preceding my meeting with the SA, you mean to tell me that no other SA (and you know they're a competitive bunch lol) was trying to grab any Birkin for their client? or perhaps the delivery truck had only arrived during the late afternoon and that the bag hasn't been sitting on the shelf since the morning or the day before? I don't believe for one nano second that if offered, any sane potential buyer before me would decline. or maybe no one thought to ask for a classic color Birkin? if I could play back the scene with the SA, it went something like this " there's no rose gold hardware Birkin I can show you, this is the only thing I have" as if a Barenia is somehow considered a consolation prize. as i said, the odds were just immense against me from this perspective. in the end I would chalk it up to universal karma and my BFF guy friend who tagged along and served as a lucky charm. he was equally terrified and intrigued in that order by the crowd during his first visit ever to FSB. needless to say, he'll be dining off this anecdote for the years to come.

now that I have had some time to digest and process, my visit feels so surreal in that I should have not been offered any bag at all let alone a Barenia Birkin 10 minutes before closing. am not a fatalist by nature but logically the facts didn't add up. starting with how many times my appt was pushed back (every 5 min I got an alert starting from 30 min out) which tells me the leather queue was busy if not bordering manic). yet during that entire hour preceding my meeting with the SA, you mean to tell me that no other SA (and you know they're a competitive bunch lol) was trying to grab any Birkin for their client? or perhaps the delivery truck had only arrived during the late afternoon and that the bag hasn't been sitting on the shelf since the morning or the day before? I don't believe for one nano second that if offered, any sane potential buyer before me would decline. or maybe no one thought to ask for a classic color Birkin? if I could play back the scene with the SA, it went something like this " there's no rose gold hardware Birkin I can show you, this is the only thing I have" as if a Barenia is somehow considered a consolation prize. as i said, the odds were just immense against me from this perspective. in the end I would chalk it up to universal karma and my BFF guy friend who tagged along and served as a lucky charm. he was equally terrified and intrigued in that order by the crowd during his first visit ever to FSB. needless to say, he'll be dining off this anecdote for the years to come.

Many congratulations on the beautiful bag!

I do think you are very lucky, but I’m also convinced there is always stock availability and it’s not dependent on a delivery that day. Exactly what and how much stock, who on earth knows! But I’m sure there’s always a healthy amount.

However, what really is impossible to gauge is the magic formula to being offered a bag. Similarly to the appointment lottery, is it truly random, does H check your global profiles to see if you are a customer, is it all down to the SA on the day of has a decision already been made and market but on your appointment that you are one of the lucky ones?

Naturally there need be some serendipity to your request and just what stock is available, but beyond that, who knows!

Really what I’m trying to say is we should all worry less about what we can do to improve our chances and just assume it is pure pot luck. If you win, GREAT! If you lose, bummer, but it’s not something to blame oneself over or to second guess what one could have done differently.

As so many say, Paris is a beautiful city to be enjoyed, and the opportunity to get a bag should be seen as a bonus, a wonderful, charming bonus!

Many congratulations on the beautiful bag!

I do think you are very lucky, but I’m also convinced there is always stock availability and it’s not dependent on a delivery that day. Exactly what and how much stock, who on earth knows! But I’m sure there’s always a healthy amount.

However, what really is impossible to gauge is the magic formula to being offered a bag. Similarly to the appointment lottery, is it truly random, does H check your global profiles to see if you are a customer, is it all down to the SA on the day of has a decision already been made and market but on your appointment that you are one of the lucky ones?

Naturally there need be some serendipity to your request and just what stock is available, but beyond that, who knows!

Really what I’m trying to say is we should all worry less about what we can do to improve our chances and just assume it is pure pot luck. If you win, GREAT! If you lose, bummer, but it’s not something to blame oneself over or to second guess what one could have done differently.

As so many say, Paris is a beautiful city to be enjoyed, and the opportunity to get a bag should be seen as a bonus, a wonderful, charming bonus!
yes, completely agreed and I would also second this... and definitely FSH has a healthy inventory that never truly runs out, though a very particular spec may not be available because genuinely it is out of stock that day.

OH MY GOD. All my online appointments failed, luckily my husband got his at his 5th attempt. His appointment was 10:30am today and we just came back with something!
congrats!!! can't wait for your stories and unboxing. Went queuing this morning at George V, met a rather rude SA and got told right away they didn't have bags today. She didn't even bother to help me with the other items on my wishlist.

Reactions: westcoastgal
congrats!!! can't wait for your stories and unboxing. Went queuing this morning at George V, met a rather rude SA and got told right away they didn't have bags today. She didn't even bother to help me with the other items on my wishlist.

I’ve never been to George V but I stopped by the Sevres store. The SA I met was nice and I thought we had a good rapport, but she came back empty handed.... the SA I met today at FSH was actually pretty rude but then she came back with a bag, I mean really good bag... so I guess it’s hard to tell based on their attitude lol

I’ll share my story and post some pics of my new purchase later!

I know the system has changed in the US where you can take two bags at any time, no longer on a semester system. But does anyone know if PARIS works that way? Would love to take home more than one beauty!

Pretty sure the answer is no (as in getting two Birkins etc). If you are thinking other bags I think the short answer is yes (may depend on the SA though, we saw people reporting in this thread that they were told they can’t get a second bag even when it’s not B/K/C, but other people have said they are able to). US quota system change affects US...I don't think it changes Paris.

ETA: found the post I was thinking about: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/paris-trip-for-hermes.457159/page-1930#post-33542312

Last edited:
OH MY GOD. All my online appointments failed, luckily my husband got his at his 5th attempt. His appointment was 10:30am today and we just came back with something!

OMG AGAIN. After my husband’s appointment, I got my appointment the next day which is Valentine’s Day. My appointment got pushed back from 1:50pm to 6:20pm (DUH:amazed:)!! Anyway i managed to see a SA after the store closed and got a 2nd bag :biggrin:

I don’t have time to write my stories yet as we are flying back tomorrow early morning. Will update soon!

Attachments

• 380A7552-54A8-412B-A55D-0EF8174A36AE.jpeg
    380A7552-54A8-412B-A55D-0EF8174A36AE.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 656