Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great tips, appreciate the reply! I've actually changed my mind and decided to buy a twilly for one of my non-H bags so I'm going to pop into a local store first if not I'll try at FSH.

i totally understand your point of view about not wanting to play the game, that it can be frustrating.. But we need to remember that Hermes is a company they want to make money, SA want to get commission.
I think the most important to keep in mind is that they don’t have enough stock for everyone.

Buying a twilly won’t help you to get a bag because let’s be honest it’s one of the cheapest item that you can find in the store.
90% of the customer will be asking the same think as you, birkin/Kelly in a neutral colors.
If I were you I wouldn’t waste my time in the other boutiques in Paris or Europe you have 5% of chance to get want you want.

Try to do your research on colors, hardware explain your choose.

good luck xx

Buying a twilly won’t help you to get a bag because let’s be honest it’s one of the cheapest item that you can find in the store.
Thanks, and no I wasn't planning or hoping that the twilly will help. I wasn't going to buy anything at all but saw some twilly's that caught my eye for another bag. I'm going to leave the bag to chance but I'm not the gambling type.

Only a very small proportion* of Hermes customers will have ever seen thus forum, so this gives you a very distorted perspective. As someone suggested, it is the bad experiences that prompt many people to post.
So try and start with a positive route and don't support the Brand New Reseller Market - that only makes it more difficult for genuine customers, because staff have to be alert for buyers whose only intention is to sell on.

The very interesting company report shows that a very large proportion of sales are in Asia.

I am learning to not take profiling and bad treatment personally. I also LOVE the fact I have SA I've worked with for YEARS at every major fashion house I wear. Which makes shopping while traveling annoying, if I'm mistreated because immediately I'm thinking, if you only knew my purchase history, racist security guard or snobby SA. At any rate, I do understand brand loyalty and if Hermes only makes 1 or 2 items you want, then just go to a reseller you researched and trust. It really isn't worth the headache to "hope" you get offered or selected to purchase your dream bag.

Not sure that wanting a customer who appreciates the brand as opposed to a customer who only likes two specific bags is elitist. If the Birkin and Kelly are truly the only two examples of Hermès design that you like, why bother to play the "game"? Just find a good reseller and get the exact bag you wish. I would do some research on these resellers and be ready to call them if Paris does not provide you the neutral B30 you are searching for.
In my experience, Hermès is less "crappy" to customers than many premier brands. Personally I can say both LV and Chanel have treated me pretty terribly on more than one occasion. Hermès is warm, fun, and delightful in comparison. I can only say, go in expecting good things, and good luck.

Reactions: Etriers
back on to topic on Hermes shopping in Paris, just scored an appt for late tomorrow afternoon after 5 attempts, wish me luck! my last trip was in early Oct, didn't manage to score an app at all for 6 days straight. wasn't bothered enough to try queuing for other locations.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see what you get!

Thanks so much ladies, OMG CANNOT believe that I finally scored a 35 Barenia Faubourg gold!! FSH was totally utterly insane, must be due to Valentine’s Day. Appt got bounced around a dozen times but finally made it in almost at closing. Didn’t have high hopes due to crowd, lateness of day etc. a well dressed young woman in her 30s was my SA, friendly though no Chatty Cathy. Gave her my specs Birkin 30/35 with rose gold hardware (impossible to find this color finish for bags ) in a classic color, my saving grace was that 35 seems to be more readily available based on past visits, and I’m one of those ladies who just love the 35 (30 is a little too small for my need, 32 is actually my ideal size though Birkin doesn’t come in that size). Took about 10 min when SA came back with big box, no rose gold she said but how about this? Must have screamed yes 3 times in case she didn’t hear me . now I’m spent, physically and figuratively 6A978EA0-1B76-4ABD-9145-7C7D656CA7F5.jpeg .

Thanks so much ladies, OMG CANNOT believe that I finally scored a 35 Barenia Faubourg gold!! FSH was totally utterly insane, must be due to Valentine’s Day. Appt got bounced around a dozen times but finally made it in almost at closing. Didn’t have high hopes due to crowd, lateness of day etc. a well dressed young woman in her 30s was my SA, friendly though no Chatty Cathy. Gave her my specs Birkin 30/35 with rose gold hardware (impossible to find this color finish for bags ) in a classic color, my saving grace was that 35 seems to be more readily available based on past visits, and I’m one of those ladies who just love the 35 (30 is a little too small for my need, 32 is actually my ideal size though Birkin doesn’t come in that size). Took about 10 min when SA came back with big box, no rose gold she said but how about this? Must have screamed yes 3 times in case she didn’t hear me . now I’m spent, physically and figuratively View attachment 4663006 .
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::yahoo:

Thanks so much ladies, OMG CANNOT believe that I finally scored a 35 Barenia Faubourg gold!! FSH was totally utterly insane, must be due to Valentine’s Day. Appt got bounced around a dozen times but finally made it in almost at closing. Didn’t have high hopes due to crowd, lateness of day etc. a well dressed young woman in her 30s was my SA, friendly though no Chatty Cathy. Gave her my specs Birkin 30/35 with rose gold hardware (impossible to find this color finish for bags ) in a classic color, my saving grace was that 35 seems to be more readily available based on past visits, and I’m one of those ladies who just love the 35 (30 is a little too small for my need, 32 is actually my ideal size though Birkin doesn’t come in that size). Took about 10 min when SA came back with big box, no rose gold she said but how about this? Must have screamed yes 3 times in case she didn’t hear me . now I’m spent, physically and figuratively View attachment 4663006 .
What a stunner-congrats! We are cousins - I have BF B35 in PHW and it is one of my most favorite bags. Enjoy!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story with us!!! What a classic bag. Did you get anything else at FSH?

Reactions: daisyjo

So thrilled for you!! It’s beautiful. Congrats!

Congratulations!! She’s beautiful!