DES in Korea 2024 - AB, Wink, Marble, Thank You, Yellow, etc...

Hi @seachelles! I also narrowed it down to Marble with Dr. Suh and Thank You with Dr. Kim after reading everyone's reviews on here. My surgery was a few months ago in January so I hope my experience will help with your planning!

I did my consultation at Thank You first and was impressed by how thorough it was. Dr. Kim used an eyelid tool to map out how the in-out line & semi-out line would look on me, and for each fold type, he showed me 2-3 crease heights for me to choose from. It was a lot to take in so I asked many questions to help me weigh the tradeoffs. The whole process felt collaborative because he wanted me to define what was natural to me; he never pushed his ideals onto me. I felt confident leaving the consultation because I knew we were on the same page and he would deliver the results I wanted.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my consultation experience at Marble. Dr. Suh used a toothpick to map creases on my eyes but he couldn't show them to me. He said my eyelids weren't holding onto the drawn creases, but he reassured me that he would give me the results I wanted based on the reference photos I shared on WhatsApp. He rushed out of the room shortly afterward when he received a call. Overall the consultation was under 10 min compared to my 30-minute consultation at Thank You.

I ended up going with Thank You because I wasn't confident Dr. Suh could deliver the results that I wanted.
Is Dr Kang or Dr Kim that is specialized in eyes at THANK YOU?

Hi Patchmonster, I just did my surgery at Wink a few hours ago. Everything went well. I love the doctor, but not so much the staffs. I will share more detail about the surgery and the recovery.
Please share! Did you bring a translator to Wink? If so can I ask how you book them? Wishing you a good recovery ❤️

Please share! Did you bring a translator to Wink? If so can I ask how you book them? Wishing you a good recovery ❤️
Hi Bhoa, I had online consultation with their Chinese consultant. I don’t need a translator. Dr. Choi is fluent in English. The Chinese consultant helped me to communicate with other Korean staffs.

Reactions: Bhoa
I love the doctor. He is very skillful and an artist. My previous surgery ruined my eyes. They are very uneven. I can’t tell the result yet. But the pain is minimal compared with the surgery I had in US. My eyes were in pain for over a month. But with Dr. Choi, I went out shopping and eating next day after surgery.

I am very new to this forum. I have questions and I am completely lost. I am planning a face lift procedure. I am planning to go alone.
How do i make consultations appointments? I wuold like to at the minimum three consultations?

I am traveling to Tokio with family the las week of May. I am not sure how in advance appoitments can be made. I wuold like the procedure to be done around September.

Any advice wuold be greatly appreciated. I have been reading this forum. Also I undrestand that google have Korea Medical companies.

Thanks

Vicky

I am very new to this forum. I have questions and I am completely lost. I am planning a face lift procedure. I am planning to go alone.
How do i make consultations appointments? I wuold like to at the minimum three consultations?

I am traveling to Tokio with family the las week of May. I am not sure how in advance appoitments can be made. I wuold like the procedure to be done around September.

Any advice wuold be greatly appreciated. I have been reading this forum. Also I undrestand that google have Korea Medical companies.

Thanks

Vicky
Don't use medical agencies, they charge commission. Just google the hospital names you found here, find their website and contact the clinics through their kakao, instagram or whatsapp; if they have english assistant they'll answer you. say what you're looking for, they'll proceed with price breakdowns, booking details etc etc