DES in Korea 2024 - AB, Wink, Marble, Thank You, Yellow, etc...

Congrats on your surgery and I hope the recovery continues to go smoothly! I just had my incisional DES at Wink today. Could I send you a DM as I’m interested in your recovery process so far?
I am now 11 days post-op. My eyes have a big transformation. I can already see the width of my eyelids are even and much narrower. Dr. Choi is amazing.

Congrats on your surgery and I hope the recovery continues to go smoothly! I just had my incisional DES at Wink today. Could I send you a DM as I’m interested in your recovery process so far?

I’m not who you were referring to but I got my incisional DES at wink 16 days ago.

I was bruised and swollen for 14 days exactly. after that my eyelids have deswelled overnight. I am SO happy and love the results. They are natural and exactly what I wanted!

Don’t freak out because the swelling distorts things! I went back to work at day 14 and no one even noticed I had anything done. Subtle and fantastic results highly recommend wink for DES

Feel free to DM me for questions! Stitch removal want bad and recovery was seriously a breeze. Wish I pursued this earlier!

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas60
I am down to Wink and Thank You. Wink’s price is less than half of Thank you. I read some bad reviews about Wink in this forum. I am a bit worried. I probably choose Thank you. I already spent $5000 for air and hotel. I really don’t want to make a second trip if anything goes wrong.
What bad reviews did you read for Wink?

Nevermind, I saw you went with Wink. I’m going to DM you if that’s okay!!

Last edited:
I’m not who you were referring to but I got my incisional DES at wink 16 days ago.

I was bruised and swollen for 14 days exactly. after that my eyelids have deswelled overnight. I am SO happy and love the results. They are natural and exactly what I wanted!

Don’t freak out because the swelling distorts things! I went back to work at day 14 and no one even noticed I had anything done. Subtle and fantastic results highly recommend wink for DES

Feel free to DM me for questions! Stitch removal want bad and recovery was seriously a breeze. Wish I pursued this earlier!
I’m going to DM you!!! Thanks for your post.

Thanks for sharing!🤩
I got incisional DES last year with Dr. Kim at Thank You and had a great experience overall! He was meticulous, patient, and provided thoughtful feedback on different crease styles. He showed me 2-3 variations of each crease and I chose semi-out line for my deep-set hooded eyes.

I also consulted with Pop, 1mm, and Wink. All of them were great, but ultimately it came down to price and DES style (natural vs. dolly). If you are looking for a more natural result (in line or in-out line), I would go with Wink. Thank You and 1mm can do both natural and dolly, while Pop leans more dolly.

I would also caution people about Wink, Dr. Choi is great with natural style but if your aesthetic does not align with his, DO NOT go there. During my consultation, he told me that a semi-out or out line would not be possible to do (even though other surgeons told me that it was possible) and he ended up recommending in-out line. That wasn't surprising to me since that's the style that he specializes in. He also recommended epicanthoplasty, but I knew this was the wrong recommendation. My lacrimal caruncles (the inner red corner of the eye) are pretty exposed, so epicanthoplasty would make my eyes look WAY too close together and other surgeons also didn't recommend it.

My suggestion is to consult with at least 3-4 clinics and see which one is the right fit for you. Go with your gut feeling :amuse:
Yea I think the same way! It's really important to follow my guts no matter how others say.. Anyways thanks for sharing your journey! It really helps :smile: