please read me!

yes, of course it includes eBay, we don't allow advertising of any kind.

so basically, we have to migrate to another forum cause "we" are breaking the rules in every way... we cant sell/buy/trade here but we cant even refer people to another place where they can so we dont break your rules anymore? (i dont buy/sell/trade here, doesnt affect me anyway)

:boxing:total communism:boxing:

If you're only here to buy/sell/trade then yes, it's probably best to move on.
If you joined to talk amongst diverse people w/ the same interests then were a great place!

I personally am a member of several different Forums and NOT ONE of them allows linking to other Forums. It's very standard.

If you think or are hinting at us being Communists, please see your way out, that's offensive and NOT at all welcome.

so, if someone posts an auction in the 'authenticate this' thread and it happens to be one of yours, can you let them know it is? I'm not a seller myself, but I'm curious if that falls under telling people your eBay ID which is not allowed.

so basically, we have to migrate to another forum cause "we" are breaking the rules in every way... we cant sell/buy/trade here but we cant even refer people to another place where they can so we dont break your rules anymore? (i dont buy/sell/trade here, doesnt affect me anyway)

Are you calling us communists?

The rules are pretty simple. There is no soliciting, trading or selling on these forums and we have a very good reason to do so. Firstly, to protect our members and secondly to protect ourselves. The bag market is a nasty one, people have been burned way too many times and we don't want to have anything to do with it.

If you want to sell your collections elsewhere, Live Journal or Ebay, it is your good right. However, it is also in our interest to maintain our members base, hence, promotions of fashion related bulletin boards or chat groups are not permitted. This goes for gazillions of other forums, it is common courtesy to the individual forum owners that you don't try to recruit their members elsewhere.

It sucks that the TokiDoki trading place falls within a conflict of interest here, but that's just what it is. I kindly ask for everyone to be respectful of this community and follow these rules and guidelines.

ragdollia - so what if it is? this is not your forum. or mine. it is Megs and Vlads forum. They can do whatever they want in terms of rules here. It is their right. Our privilege to post here, under their rules. Megs is right, not linking to other forums is pretty standard, that's the case on other forums I'm on too. Some forums (non-tpf) have a lot more mod presence than here, so consider yourself lucky they don't watch every word you say... :yes:

OK, I think I've read about this until I've gone blue in the face. Whoever the hell is selling or trading or whatever here..just freaking stop cuz I'm irritated with seeing this crap already. No trades. No buying. No selling. No custom purchases. No posting of ebay names. No posting links to other sites. There. Stop. I don't want to read about this already..bleh.

Before I did a few CPs but that was before the whole CP thing was clarified...just putting that out there in case someone wants to throw that in my face.

JessakaMitz - I totally agree, just stop!! Sheesh!!

... BUT one thing I still don't understand is why we're not allowed to PM members about such things. That's the point of a PM - it's private. You are not PUBLICLY B/S/T, nor are you PUBLICLY listing other sites. I don't see how this affects the forum in any way. Unless you are harrassing another member (in which case they can just report you), why is this a problem?

It's STILL the PF message system. I keep reading this thread and Im left wondering why its so hard to just follow the rules? The rules are not new, they have been in place from day one. Why the big debate now?

... BUT one thing I still don't understand is why we're not allowed to PM members about such things. That's the point of a PM - it's private. You are not PUBLICLY B/S/T, nor are you PUBLICLY listing other sites. I don't see how this affects the forum in any way. Unless you are harrassing another member (in which case they can just report you), why is this a problem?

TokiLoca - it is called CYA. Cover Your A**. Let us think for a minute if they allowed B/S/T on PMs too. And pretend that we are not in the Tokidoki subforum but in the Hermes subforum, where the bags $5k-$20k+. Now let us imagine someone who is not, ah, honest, starts posting on the forum, making friends, etc. etc.... then one day she offers to sell an Hermes bag to another member that is looking for that perfect, HTF bag. Now, Hermes is way harder to get than TOkidoki. So the innocent person says, YES!!! let's do a transaction. This is all done by PM. Then Buyer pays the Seller. Seller never sends a $10k bag. Now what? There is no recourse for the Buyer, unless they used paypal and paypal only covers a few thousand, under the right circumstances. Then Buyer gets mad, as they should, and Buyer decides to sue Seller. and gets tpf involved, bc it happened here via PM. Now Megs and Vlad have a very ugly situation that they don't want to get involved in. And someone got scammed out of a LOT of $$$.. and now there is a lawsuit and many ppl are dragged into it.

And that is why there is no B/S/T even on PMs.

Believe me, I have been guilty myself a few times, but I think we all try to do our best to keep things under the rules, and all that.... it's not just for sh*ts and giggles that there are rules, KWIM? There's just new folks joining all the time, and not everyone reads the rules when they join, so let's just remind them gently when things happen and keep tokidoki subforum about TOKIDOKI!!!! :nuts::nuts::nuts:

Thank you hazelnut! I have been a member of tPF since before there was a Tokidoki sub-forum and we all used to post in the General Handbags & Purses thread and clogged it up with all of our Toki chatter.

If you don't agree with the rules of this forum, simply don't post here and make it unpleasant for the 99% of us that do follow the rules and enjoy this community. There are other communities available for buying/selling/trading so do it there.

My husband runs his own web forum so I personally know how much work goes into running it and moderating posts, and his is not nearly as large as this site. It's like going to someone's house-- if you aren't respectful of their rules, you probably won't be invited back.

Now back to Toki!! :flowers: