please read me!

I think that thread is kind of misleading tho... since we know each other from different places. I know a couple people have bought/traded w/ me then joined TPF :yes:

I'm not sure I see your point:confused1:
You just can't trade/buy/sell HERE, not on OUR forums or w/ OUR PM service.

QueenLouis, best to ask Vlad about that:yes:
If you do a search, I think I remember that coming up before.

I'm not sure I see your point:confused1:
You just can't trade/buy/sell HERE, not on OUR forums or w/ OUR PM service.

My point was that those posts in that thread are just saying who helped who with what AND that they ARE NOT said to be done on HERE with the forum via the PM service.

The point was a lot of people mentioned on that thread have done things outside of TPF it just so happens that a lot of people are on TPF so it's a misleading thread if people think people have been doing business on TPF.

Also, I think a lot of people didn't see custom purchases as a B/S/T tactic since they've been seen as favors for friends until mods said it wasn't allowed.

it's always been the rules. . . not just since we pointed it out.

Also, I personally have edited out A LOT of posts from people in this Forum that flat out say "did you get my PM about Paypal/purchase, etc. . . . ."

You're talking about a very small percentage of people that did it pre-tPF or 100% off tPF. . . .
most people just don't realize it's a rule, we have to keep reminding people.

If you don't want people to assume you aren't using tPF to buy/sell/trade, then people need to be vigilant about what they write and how that may appear to others/Administration.

Let's not split hairs, let's just move forward, everyone needs to know the rules and follow them like everyone else in the other Forums here, that's all :biggrin:

it's always been the rules. . . not just since we pointed it out.

Also, I personally have edited out A LOT of posts from people in this Forum that flat out say "did you get my PM about Paypal/purchase, etc. . . . ."

You're talking about a very small percentage of people that did it pre-tPF or 100% off tPF. . . .
most people just don't realize it's a rule, we have to keep reminding people.

If you don't want people to assume you aren't using tPF to buy/sell/trade, then people need to be vigilant about what they write and how that may appear to others/Administration.

Let's not split hairs, let's just move forward, everyone needs to know the rules and follow them like everyone else in the other Forums here, that's all :biggrin:

Yes, I totally agree with you...

And I'm sure this particular forum is really hard to keep tabs on, because most people here, are also members of LJ SHOPTOKIDOKI (where it IS allowed to buy/sell/trade), and most of us have the same IDs, so people here are always mentioning how they bought something from another member, or traded, or sold it, and it LOOKS like it's being conducted here, but most of the time it isn't, so I always try to remind everyone that if they are going to mention a buy/sell/trade transaction with a dual member, they must mention that it did NOT happen on tPF, or perhaps it isn't necessary to mention where you got the item at all...

I find that people don't look at the stickies :sad:
Plus, it's the rules the rest of the entire website has to follow:yes: it's just part of the agreement of being a member here.

But honestly, seems like the more stickies there are at the top, the less people look at them.
KWIM?

nope:nogood: I was just making a point that you can't do that HERE, do it ANYWHERE else, but not HERE.
Was not in anyway implying that someone is doing it here or that we know they are.
All I know is what I read HERE. And if someone is posting "PM me, I can get you one", or anything similar, I will definitely be commenting.

I totally agree with the sticky thing. If there are too much...I don't even bother looking. I really think stickies are only for like rules and really important announcements...but idk...that's the way I found it on other forums.

I'm bumping this as I just made another thread about this. :yes: Just really trying to get people to realize that we have rules on this forum!!

so basically, we have to migrate to another forum cause "we" are breaking the rules in every way... we cant sell/buy/trade here but we cant even refer people to another place where they can so we dont break your rules anymore? (i dont buy/sell/trade here, doesnt affect me anyway)

:boxing:total communism:boxing:

it's always been that way. I'm guilty of linking to LJ on one occasion but since the mods can't *and shouldn't have to* be everywhere at once, sometimes it goes unnoticed.

thanks for the clarification, megs and swanky mom. :heart: