please read me!

ouch! :Push:
hmmm i do understand where the Mods are coming from as things could very well get outta hand if the wrong kind of people are involved...
but i truly honestly just wanna help out my fellow Tokiholics,
as I did before...
i apologise if i have broken any rules.
i shall not pursue this any longer then :noworry:

Wait a minute. I see a distinction between someone selling bags, and someone offering to purchase hard to find bags that are available somewhere else, like Hawaii or a foreign country, and send them as a favor to other TPFers.

Of course the details should be taken care of in PMs, but if envii_toki is simply making the offer as a favor to other tpf'ers at no profit to herself I don't see the harm.

Unless I'm missing some facts here.

I always understood from other people's posts that buying/selling for others was prohibited, but I searched the guidelines section and all I can find is this:

Public selling/buying/trading is not permitted. Threads of WTS or WTB nature will be locked or deleted.
Soliciting your items for sale via Private Messages is prohibited.

Mods, can you point us to the place where the rules/regs for this sort of thing are written out so we can all be clear?

Thanks!!!!

-Christine

I always understood from other people's posts that buying/selling for others was prohibited, but I searched the guidelines section and all I can find is this:

Public selling/buying/trading is not permitted. Threads of WTS or WTB nature will be locked or deleted.
Soliciting your items for sale via Private Messages is prohibited.

Mods, can you point us to the place where the rules/regs for this sort of thing are written out so we can all be clear?

Thanks!!!!

-Christine

sure, I bolded it for you:yes:

2nd post in that thread is a perfect example of what IS allowed:

lattegrl went shopping and helped pick out a lamore bambinone for me and put my name on it at Macys so I could do a charge/send. It didn't work out for me for other reasons...but she was nice to do that for me! Tokiangel is going to Century 21 to help find a citta rosa for me today hopefully!

Thank you for the clarification! And personally, I'm glad that buying/selling is restricted to its own area. I hope to be able to apply in the next few months, I'd feel so much safer buying certain bags here than ebay.

lisalala, SisterBlue - don't know if it's too self-involved, but thanks for voicing that out.
it does make me wonder too... :hrmm:
we even had this thread before
Share how other tPF-ers have helped you to get Tokis!

leen619 - got your PM *thanks* :smile:
I think that thread is kind of misleading tho... since we know each other from different places. I know a couple people have bought/traded w/ me then joined TPF :yes:

Swanky Mama, this may be off topic, but it's kind of related to buying/selling and ethics. - I've been seeing banner ads regularly for KarenKooper.com on tPF. This is the company that committed identity fraud against one of our members, the details of which were posted a few months ago with Vlad's permission. Is there any way to regulate the banner ads on tPF, or is that solely linked through a Google service, etc? I hate to see tPF advertising a "business" of questionable ethics.