Zoya nail polish

kaleida

Aug 4, 2012
I have wondered if Zoya is really 3 free, a "healthy polish" like they advertise, or if a news story is going to come out about it. I think I've gotten some pits in my nails from using it, and it does seem to make my nails peel more. I suppose no nail polish is good for you in the end.

I had the same experience with the Zoya base coat...seems like tiny pieces of my nail came off when I removed it. Now I use Chanel or Dior base coat - my nails are much healthier.

Zoya color seems to work fine for me with Chanel or Dior base coat, and Dior top coat. It lasts as long as my other colors. Usually I wear a manicure for about 4 days with no chips, but the regrowth bothers me and I want to change it after 4 days.

Oct 4, 2012
kaleida said:
I had the same experience with the Zoya base coat...seems like tiny pieces of my nail came off when I removed it. Now I use Chanel or Dior base coat - my nails are much healthier.

Zoya color seems to work fine for me with Chanel or Dior base coat, and Dior top coat. It lasts as long as my other colors. Usually I wear a manicure for about 4 days with no chips, but the regrowth bothers me and I want to change it after 4 days.

The same thing happened to me. I thought I was the only one or I messed up taking it off. I've never used Dior but I swear by Chanel the polish goes on beautifully and it last me about two weeks ( my nails grow slow). After years of wearing gel nails left my nails weak and sensitive and thanks to the Chanel nail polish they have strengthen and aren't nearly as sensitive anymore. It's also a plus that Chanel has pretty colors (:

Apr 15, 2007
Zoya did not work for me the same with Butter London..

There are some polishes that when they are 3 free whataver they are substituting

or using just doesn't work for me..

Essie sometimes works and have found that Tom Ford polishes work superbly

& wear very well... no chipping ...

cosmogrl5

O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
I used to be a huge Zoya fan and literally stocked up on bottles and bottles a few months ago. I went to use two separate bottles last week and both of them were streaky when I applied. Once I was able to get the application that I wanted, I noticed that my nails felt tacky- as in kind of gummy. I'm guessing that the polish spoiled or something, but it should not have done that after having it for just two months. Anyway, it kind of turned me off from Zoya, and I find that China Glaze and Essie are my reigning favorites now. They last a long time for me and always go on smoothly.

designergirl6

Aug 11, 2012
I love their colors, hate their formula. I find that if you don't use the zoya base and top coats, the polish peels right off. I'm a die-hard CND stickey base coat & seche vite top coat user (have been for almost 10 years now), and that poses a problem when it comes to using zoya polishes.

Jan 28, 2007
designergirl6 said:
I love their colors, hate their formula. I find that if you don't use the zoya base and top coats, the polish peels right off. I'm a die-hard CND stickey base coat & seche vite top coat user (have been for almost 10 years now), and that poses a problem when it comes to using zoya polishes.

Not necessarily... I use China Glaze base and Wet n Wild top coat, and Zoya lasts really long on me.

OANHderful

Mar 22, 2012
Sorry about your experience with Zoya. I've acquired some Zoyas (about 14 bottles because I saw great reviews and they have so many gorgeous colors!!!) and wore it a couple night ago. I had it over SOG and I love it!!! The color doesn't chip and it's been 3 days.