Zadig & Voltaire bags

Unfortunately I've had similar issues as a few other posters pertaining to quality. I actively care for all my bags and have been refurbishing bags for years, yet despite top notch care, the bag began peeling in less than a year. And it wasn't even my daily carry! I ended up using it as a test subject for various new refurbishing treatments. It seems (from what I have read/heard) that quality is a fairly common issue. I would assume that YouTubers don't review them often because by doing so would possibly put that reviewers reputation at risk.

• Insightful
Reactions: jblended
My honest opinion is that I personally am not a fan of the wing logo on their bags, it reminds me of a tr*mp stamp and gives me early 2000's vibes. I know the early 2000's are back, but I just dislike the overall aesthetic of that time period.

Also, for their price point, I'd rather buy a preloved designer bag. I feel like most contemporary brands are overpriced for their quality.

Funny how this criticism only goes in one direction.
When big brands and major houses start (ripping-off/duping) getting inspired by existing aesthetics / styles, for example, Uggs boots, Birkenstocks, Crocs etc. somehow, that is never held against them...

I would like to expand on my original comment - as someone who worked with the aforementioned retailers, we were used to receiving cease and desist letters + pulling product off the floor because so much of it was a rip off or too closely "inspired" by.
Zadig just has a rocker aesthetic that seems dated to some and classic to others - the female answer to John Varvatos. It just comes off as try hard, but so does a head-to-toe Chanel or Dior outfit.

Reactions: Sa26
I also had a very bad experience with their bag. The gunmetal hardware started chipping and one thread unravelling during the first outing, I have never experienced something like that before. When I went to return, the gave me an extremely hard yime to do it, basically saying they were not accepting returns and only exchanges were allowed. I agreed to an exchange only to learn that my bag was sold out and they wanted me to take some other bag of the same price that I refused. Then they insisted that I could only have a store credit but at that point I knew I would never come back. It took an hour+ to get a refund and I will never buy from this brand again.

Totally agree with the assessment, similar with the case of Gerard Darel.
However, the result and issue is the lack of video bag reviews that really help getting a glimpse at the bag before purchase.

Exactly we want a lot of opinions on bags before we purchase them, Zadig is quite expensive compared to let’s MK or Kate Spade, so you want to know what are you getting into