Zadig & Voltaire bags

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
So yesterday I was walking around Selfridges on top of the world as I was holding my 20% off voucher. I have to say there were some great deals. Chloe had some bags already at 30% with 20% on top. Halston had some totes and slouchy bags( the Zia ) at 40% off plus an extra 20%. But I wasnt stunned until I happened to walk past Zadig et Voltaire and saw this washed leather studded beauty calling out to me. ( Washed leather and studs are my two fave things.) Now this one is really washed and distressed looking as you will see from the pics. Now I have it here and I am thinking and thinking...shall I keep it?? I do love it but it wasnt cheap and I need to be 100%. What do you think? All opinions welcome.

Attachments

• zadig1.jpg
    zadig1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 633
  • zadig2.jpg
    zadig2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 697
Thanks merlot and Monkeygirl. I think I need convincing. It is stuniing. Even DH couldnt complain the usual, oh no not another one. He said wow too.

I will wait for more, I am curious as to whether anybody dislikes.

By all that is good and holy,
you need to keep that bag!

You're thinking twice?

Imagine you saw a woman walking down the street carrying that bag.
Wouldn't you say to yourself, "Wow Zow, I'd love to have a bag like that!"?

That's what my mind would be saying.

In fact, that's what my mind is saying right now!

moi -
it's stunning......love the combination AND the color.

what are your concerns about keeping this beauty???

would LOVE to see modeling pics, pleeze!!!!

moi -
it's stunning......love the combination AND the color.

what are your concerns about keeping this beauty???

would LOVE to see modeling pics, pleeze!!!!
Hi dcbblam, I think its lovely too but I am worried about the distressed look. I know its fashionable but I am worried about spending so much for a bag that looks old. Does that make sense?

Hi dcbblam, I think its lovely too but I am worried about the distressed look. I know its fashionable but I am worried about spending so much for a bag that looks old. Does that make sense?

ah, but that's the beauty......especially IF you do not have another bag w/this vibe.......the plus side is....you don't have to baby the bag.....just whip her 'round without worries! It's a "look" that you have to be comfortable wearing.....does your wardrobe need a bag like this????

I bought a handmade, "rustic" looking tote several months ago because I didn't have anything like it in my closet.....and I'm glad that I have her. It's thick, waxed leather that's supposed to take a beating and will look better with age. Here are pics....

Attachments

• CIMG2861.JPG
    CIMG2861.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 357
  • CIMG2858.JPG
    CIMG2858.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 357
I quite like Zadig & Voltaire bags. They're quite casual and come in unusual colors (some of the metallics are really nice). This one is also nice. Besides, in Europe these bags are not even expensive... might start considering one myself :smile:

Reactions: Sa26
I quite like Zadig & Voltaire bags. They're quite casual and come in unusual colors (some of the metallics are really nice). This one is also nice. Besides, in Europe these bags are not even expensive... might start considering one myself :smile:
Most of the styles were ok in price but this was limited edition and of course I liked this one. It cost me £400, reduced from £500 so that is quite a lot. I suppose thats why i need so much convincing.

If I could only ever have one brand of bag, it would have to be Zadig & Voltaire - I think they're heavenly... can't get them here in Dublin - I have got one from London and one from eBay - ADORE them both! the feel and the smell, ooh!
Interested to know they're in Selfridges... I'll be in Manchester after Xmas, do they have them there, does anyone know, and will there be any left in January??
- balletballet

I came across their bags this evening at our local mall and fell in love with a men's duffle. It was a perfect size (not big like most men's duffle bags available now) and the leather was just amazing! Buttery, smooshy and thick, yet light at the same time. Still thinking if I should buy it or not since I just bought a bag last month. I'll try to take pics of it when I go back to the mall. :smile:

Any Zadig & Voltaire owners here? If so, hope you can post your pics or reviews. Would love to read your feedback!

Zadig and Voltaire used to have their bags made in Italy. The letather was great and durable.
Last time I checked.....I had to contact the brand as I had noticed some changes....They replied that the bags were not Italian-made anymore.....but refused to tell me what country they were from...
Confidential, they said!
Yet, the prices are still going up.
If I were you, I would try to find an older model on ebay...