Zadig & Voltaire bags

I seem to be on a roll: after buying my new coccinelle bag I immediately found another bag I like a lot. It is from Zadig et Voltaire. It is called 'rocky matelasse' (picture below). I also like their Kate Moss Bag. Both are not that expensive (about $500). I am still undecided because I am still thinking about the Longchamp Amazone matelasse. But: I tried it on a few times and I feel like the quality is not as good as the amazones from last year (can anyone confirm that or am I crazy?).
So what do you think? Is the rocky matelasse too 'rocky'? And does anyone know anything about the quality of Z&V Bags?
Thank you!

PWGAP2004F_NOIR_1.jpg

sjav2001f_noir.jpg

de7de00dccf87d779fdb6b299ae789e4.jpg

I used to have a bag by Zadig et Voltaire, it was called Sunny Studs, I think. All in all, I liked the leather, but not so much the quality - some of the studs started falling off and the hardware changed color. I personally think they're overpriced for what they are. Perhaps they have stepped up their game since then, I don't know. But I doubt it, as brands usually tend to do the opposite these days.

Between Z&V and Longchamp, I'd choose Longchamp any day. Those brands are on a different level, in my opinion.

Too start off, I love both brands. However, when it comes to my personal style and aesthetic I usually end up going the route of Zadig et Voltaire. I personally have never noticed any major quality issues, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any. I do personally think (especially when purchased on sale) that the quality matches the price tags. I will also say that I have found that some bags and styles are “better” quality then others. I find that the Ziggy and Candide are by fare their best made bags. I could also be a little biased lol since I have over 20 Zadig bags (4 being Rockies). However, I will always stand by my convictions on the fact that Zadig et Voltaire in my opinion, is worth the money. Hope this helps!

Reactions: CoachCruiser
We have a thread for every not so well known mid range brand but surprisingly no one has created one for Zadig and Voltaire. So I created one.

im really loving this brand is very chick rock. Pretty much in the style of Rebbeca Minkof in her Early days and Kurt Geiger Slightly more high end tho not that high end.

it’s quite in the price range Of Tory Burch, Demelier and recent coach Or Aspinal of London. Probably it’s a bit overpriced but their bags are really nice and getting a lot of popularity on many places I’ve been in. surprised not so much over here.

probably because people consider them overpriced.
I love my kurt Geiger but sadly heard reviews on YouTube that they are in the 100-300 dollars range and hold as bad as something you get from Zara.
so maybe Zadig sadly goes in that direction, as expensive as Demelier, Aspinal and Tory Burch but people think don’t have the quality of its competitors.

Really no one here knows that brand ?

i love the brand and I’m noticing a Really strange case with them. I see them a lot in real life, when I go to the mall I see lots of different Zadig bags especially the rock.
but when I look for reviews on YouTube I see very little mentions of that brand. Is it lack of heritage that doesn’t have the love from YouTubers is it too rock style for YouTubers to talk about it, maybe the feel it too targeted to teenagers though I don’t think it’s that way. I say kate spade is more infantil or even more teenagers oriented.

but Really why the lack of love in social media for Zadig And Voltaire, it shouldnt bother but it does because it was my Paris souvenir purchase and not seeing mentions makes me feel like I should have gone for Demelier or longchamp.

before parís I was at Israel and I feel like I saw thousands of girls with their rock bag from ZV and made me feel like I have to run for mine when I get to paris but no single prestigious YouTuber talks about Zadig.

I see Z&V as a mall brand - similar to Allsaints. It doesn't have a heritage and seems to play off existing aesthetics / styles. With that being said, the Rock bag performs pretty well on the secondary market and sometimes sells for retail used. They seem functional and affordable for their size and construction.

Reactions: Midge Maisel
I see Z&V as a brand similar to Maje or Sandro for example, not really luxury Youtuber material. It's in the influencers' best interest to feature popular brands that will bring in the views and clicks and comments - that's how they make money. I wouldn't care about the lack of influencer coverage if you like the bag. And it's still a well known brand.

I see Z&V as a brand similar to Maje or Sandro for example, not really luxury Youtuber material. It's in the influencers' best interest to feature popular brands that will bring in the views and clicks and comments - that's how they make money. I wouldn't care about the lack of influencer coverage if you like the bag. And it's still a well known brand.
:goodpost:

Whether prestigious YouTubers talk about a bag or not doesn’t mean anything, Sa26.
In France the brand is very popular at the moment, especially among young ladies. Same with YSL
Enjoy your Paris souvenir.:ps:
Thanks yes i saw lot of YSl bags walking in Paris, I guess young parissian girls do love the rock style both brands bring, ive been saying Zadig is the cheaper take on YSL though they don’t make dupes of YSL bags.

actually that’s a brand that rarely make dupes or if they do it try to not make them so obvious.
for example the one I got: the Moon rock. Looks quite similar to the over the moon from LV but with important differences.

number one the Zadig is not quilted
the shoulder chain is thicker and in the Zadig is silver while the LV is gold.
the LV is smooth leather the Zadig is grained leather.

zadig does make a few inspired in bags though never look like true dupes. So girle who hate the famous cheaper alternative that will remind them the bag the can’t get. It’s not that case with Zadig.

Even their Boston kind of bags like the speedy they do it totally different they just keep the same shape but the Zadig is much more slouchy and more rock and roll.
this is something I admire from the brand they became popular without making dupes also admire that from longchamp.

their more famous bags are not dupes of any single bag.
The le pliage is something very of their own. Probably has the idea of the never full but it’s at the same totally different. Now they do commit the dupe crime a bitt with le fulone which looks a bit like the Hermes Evelyn.

zadig has the rock vibe of YSL but they don’t have a single bag which is a bag that reminds me 100 % a YSl

Reactions: Mariapia
I think it's such a specific style that it's not entirely surprising to me that the TPF audience is not super focused on them. I know nothing about YouTubers and can't speak to what they feature.

Reactions: Sa26
I don't talk about them because my experience with their bags has been bad. I had a bag and a wallet, and both started peeling within months of owning them. I'm gentle on my bags and have vintage bags from the '80s that haven't peeled, yet these from the boutique did.
The designs are my style and they look really great but, the quality is really not good, ime. I would never buy them again, no matter how low the price, because of this.
I donated them but ended up paying a cobbler to repair them first because I couldn't bear to even give them away in such condition.
It was an expensive mistake all around.

I see Z&V as a brand similar to Maje or Sandro for example
Hmmm, I'm not so sure. While my Z&V bag was bonded leather and peeled almost immediately, my Sandro Lou bag is full grain leather! It's aging beautifully.

Reactions: Julija

Totally agree with the assessment, similar with the case of Gerard Darel.
However, the result and issue is the lack of video bag reviews that really help getting a glimpse at the bag before purchase.

Reactions: Sa26