Yurman rings VERY popular here!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
All of a sudden, David Yurman rings have gotten extremely possible in my area. Everyone is wearing them or getting one for Christmas. I'm talking about the big cocktailish ones with colored stones. I see people wearing them on a forefinger too. I started looking at Bloomies because I have a $100 splurge card for a $500 or more purchase. The good news is that my card expires end of February so I can do fo Valentines Day. The bad news is that it says some designers are excluded so I'm betting Yurman is one of the exclusions:sad: Your thoughts and opinions on these rings?

All of a sudden, David Yurman rings have gotten extremely possible in my area. Everyone is wearing them or getting one for Christmas. I'm talking about the big cocktailish ones with colored stones. I see people wearing them on a forefinger too. I started looking at Bloomies because I have a $100 splurge card for a $500 or more purchase. The good news is that my card expires end of February so I can do fo Valentines Day. The bad news is that it says some designers are excluded so I'm betting Yurman is one of the exclusions:sad: Your thoughts and opinions on these rings?

well made, substantial-great look. i like his newer designs

I personally am not the biggest Yurman fan at all. I had a huge collection and sold it all off, except for one bracelet. The quality in myopinion went way down. it is very tinny and mass produced.
I live near you Hoka. I agree everyone had Yurman. I purchased most of my peices from the KOP boutique or NM.
I am not a fan of the Oxidized look . They put this black stuff in there to give it an old look, I love shiny stuff. LOL.
I stopped liking Yurman when I found out they were cutting down on YG and using gold fill or mixing it with other alloys and made in China.
If you have a GC I am sure you could get a nice ring. They are about 700 and up. What about Marco Beigio or Roberto Coin? That have those brands at our Bloomies.

I personally am not the biggest Yurman fan at all. I had a huge collection and sold it all off, except for one bracelet. The quality in myopinion went way down. it is very tinny and mass produced.
I live near you Hoka. I agree everyone had Yurman. I purchased most of my peices from the KOP boutique or NM.
I am not a fan of the Oxidized look . They put this black stuff in there to give it an old look, I love shiny stuff. LOL.
I stopped liking Yurman when I found out they were cutting down on YG and using gold fill or mixing it with other alloys and made in China.

When did they start doing that? I bought a garnet & diamond ring from the boutique in Vegas in 2009. That would really stink if the quality has gone down since then...I think mine feels substantial but it's silver.

I not only do not care for his pieces, I think they are priced 10x higher than they are worth or need to be. I have found nearly identical stuff for $10 when he's priced at $1000 for literally the SAME thing.

When did they start doing that? I bought a garnet & diamond ring from the boutique in Vegas in 2009. That would really stink if the quality has gone down since then...I think mine feels substantial but it's silver.

I don't really know when. But a rep told me. You can always ask and they are honest. Some say they are still made in NYC, but most will say China.
I guess it is hard to mess up silver. Gold varies with different vendors. It depends what they mix it with. Do a search here for Yurman, there are many posts on quality. It is just like anything else though. Chanel etc. The quality isn't like it used to be.

I have a couple of gold Yurman pieces that I really like, but agree that all his jewelry is ridiculously overpriced. One thing I've noticed is that with his pieces that have diamonds, either in silver or gold, somehow his designs zap any sparkle out of the diamonds. The diamonds are extremely tiny, and look dull. I don't know why they do this to some of the designs - better to have no diamonds at all than dull ones in my opinion.

I don't want a new Yurman ring anymore after reading the comments. Now I want to pull out my blue topaz one from 15 years ago and have it cleaned! I might love it. I vaguely remember it being more squared shape than the newest ones but that is ok!

I got this DY ring a year ago. It's from the quatrefoil collection. Gold is 18K. Diamonds are 2.12 carats. I know it was over priced, but I thought it was very unusual and was just feeling like getting something different. I'm not sorry I bought it. Get many compliments on it, if that means anything!

Attachments

• IMG_00821.JPG
    IMG_00821.JPG
    480.3 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_00861.JPG
    IMG_00861.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 400
^^^ I love that ring! I like Yurman but I do agree the quality has gone down a little, esp. in the pieces under $1000. The quality can vary from piece to piece but a lot of things, even designer don't seem to have the same quality that they used to. I have been a huge Yurman fan for many years but I really prefer a lot of the older pieces to some of the newer ones. I don't really feel that it is too over priced compared to other designers. Of course you can find a similar non brand for less, that is always the case...

I think Yurman has some really beautiful pieces. But that being said, silver will tarnish no matter who made it. I find it so hard to keep the pieces shiny/new looking and to have the correct amount of oxidation after awhile. And I agree that the diamonds don't sparkle as much as I'd like. If I were going for big cocktail ring bling, I'd look for something done in gold.

I only have a few pieces of Yurman, but I have been very pleased with the quality.
I think my pieces must have rhodium plating or something because they have never, ever tarnished. I have 2 small cable cuffs and a pair of mobile silver/14k earrings with blue topaz.

I have noticed here in Louisiana that larger pieces come out in the cooler weather because in the summer, it is just too uncomfortable to wear them.