Yurman rings VERY popular here!

I have a couple of gold Yurman pieces that I really like, but agree that all his jewelry is ridiculously overpriced. One thing I've noticed is that with his pieces that have diamonds, either in silver or gold, somehow his designs zap any sparkle out of the diamonds. The diamonds are extremely tiny, and look dull. I don't know why they do this to some of the designs - better to have no diamonds at all than dull ones in my opinion.

I agree with this. I bought the small cerise ring with the split shank in praisiolite surrounded by a ring of diamonds about a year ago, and was in love with it for a while. However, after a few weeks to a month of wear, the diamonds turned dull and lackluster and the praisiolite started to look filmy even after I took it back to the store to get it cleaned (I got it from Bloomies). I ended up returning it because I want my diamonds to sparkle and my colored stones to look bright and clear!

However, I am still drawn to his pieces and especially love the morganite set in rg. It is so fabulous and peachy looking! My guy isn't a fan of DY and would never buy it for me, but I like to look at his collections while I'm shopping at Nordstroms.

DH gave me a lot of DY years ago..back in the mid 90's...mostly garnet/pearl cabled pieces..watch, a few bracelets, a necklace, several pairs of earrings, a square shaped peridot drop on a silver chain (always falls off), etc. Once I had children I stopped wearing it because my babies would play w/ the bracelets and they would pinch me. Now I just feel like it's outdated looking and it stays in the drawer. I have turned to VCA and all I hear now from Dh is, "someday you will get tired of this just like all that DY I bought for you".... I don't agree with this but I wouldn't mind trading all that DY for VCA...!!!

I love yurman but his rings aren't my favorite! In general I guess I'm not much of a ring girl.
I really LOVE his bracelets though! I've been into his silver bracelets for a while. I love silver bracelets!!!!
I can't get enough of them :lol::lol: hhaha sorry if this was kind of random!

I not only do not care for his pieces, I think they are priced 10x higher than they are worth or need to be. I have found nearly identical stuff for $10 when he's priced at $1000 for literally the SAME thing.

In my opinion, all "brand" pieces are overpriced and many are worth the money. Knock-offs for 10.00 are never the same...

I have a couple of gold Yurman pieces that I really like, but agree that all his jewelry is ridiculously overpriced. One thing I've noticed is that with his pieces that have diamonds, either in silver or gold, somehow his designs zap any sparkle out of the diamonds. The diamonds are extremely tiny, and look dull. I don't know why they do this to some of the designs - better to have no diamonds at all than dull ones in my opinion.

Yes, some of the diamond pieces look dull to me also--some pave doesn't work, sadly..

I got this DY ring a year ago. It's from the quatrefoil collection. Gold is 18K. Diamonds are 2.12 carats. I know it was over priced, but I thought it was very unusual and was just feeling like getting something different. I'm not sorry I bought it. Get many compliments on it, if that means anything!

And Porsche, I too have this ring and LOVE it! It is stunning and many Yurman pieces are. It seems to me that lately, all "high end" brands are having a quality control issue. Chanel, LV, even Hermes lovers talk about the poorer quality of workmanship lately. Big Bummer! Bottom line, we love what we love and if it is worth it to you, it's worth it!