YSK Evening bag

Melekx

Sep 25, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have a Small Lou Lou in black with gold hardwear and I use this for daytime (not every day) but now i would love to buy a bag for evening dinners etc and also to wear with Summer dresses. I was thinking of getting a white color (vintage blanc probably or crema) as black is too harsh against my floral summer dresses and linen dresses.

I dont really want to drop £2000 on a bag made from raffia even though i think they look so nice for summer, i was thinking of the YSL Medium Envelope bag in pebbled leather (marks will be less visible) its still a lot of money for me to drop in one go so i want to make sure before I spurge.

Do you think a white colored medium envelope would look nice for summer/evenings out as a smarter bag or is it too big? i just really loved the look of it. TIA

I've owned my YSL medium Envelope bag since 2017 and I think it would work well as an evening bag.
I feel that YSL flap bags (especially the Kate and Envelope style bags) tend to run small.

Mine is black on black but I have definitely brought it out for evenings and dinners, etc.

I've put all my links and posts in this thread for further reference: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/envelope-bag-owners.1067427/

Hi everyone,

I have a Small Lou Lou in black with gold hardwear and I use this for daytime (not every day) but now i would love to buy a bag for evening dinners etc and also to wear with Summer dresses. I was thinking of getting a white color (vintage blanc probably or crema) as black is too harsh against my floral summer dresses and linen dresses.

I dont really want to drop £2000 on a bag made from raffia even though i think they look so nice for summer, i was thinking of the YSL Medium Envelope bag in pebbled leather (marks will be less visible) its still a lot of money for me to drop in one go so i want to make sure before I spurge.

Do you think a white colored medium envelope would look nice for summer/evenings out as a smarter bag or is it too big? i just really loved the look of it. TIA

I think it will look lovely, The Med will look proportionally correct and chic with cocktail-length dress that isn't too voluminous, mini dress/skirt, body-con anything, evening shorts, a pant-suit or a slim column dress (short or long). Even maxi dresses should look OK. Only formal gowns or prom dresses need a smaller clutch/mini.

Reactions: Melekx