Your Signature Style ?

B/c of my job, I dress up a lot. I'm in Finance field so I wear suits a lot especially dark colors such as black, navy, grey, brown...etc. Yes, it sounds very boring and plain. However when I go out, I like to wear jeans w/ a nice top and I love to wear wedges/espadrilles in the summer. I'm not too big on jewerly so I only wear a necklace, a bracelet and earrings.

Prana divine capris (usually in black - I have 3 pair of black ones, two in jave brown, and one each of navy blue, fern green, light blue, & pumpkin) a solid colored t-shirt, or tank in the summer, and solid-colored merino wool pullovers in the winter with a contrasting t-shirt underneath. And, of course, matching jewelry (today it is rose gold earrings with labradorite teardrop briolettes with an akoya pearl dangling beneath, and a labradorite and blue freshwater pearl necklace. (I LOVE making jewelry!)

vintage dresses and barefeet, but shoes of course if i'm going somewhere where they are really needed.
but winter, i think i will be in my dresses, perhaps with skinny jeans and contrasting turtle necks, with substantial shoes.

Full skirts, kitten heels, and cashmere twinsets are my workday look, while I go casual in dry denim, layered thin tees, and a variety of sneakers. The majority of my bags are hand- or arm-carry only, so I suppose that's unique as well. My signature jewelry would have to be my strand of pink Akoyas and my pink diamond/pink sapphire engagement ring—a bright, flattering combo! :love:

evoque said:
My signature jewelry would have to be my strand of pink Akoyas and my pink diamond/pink sapphire engagement ring—a bright, flattering combo! :love:

That sounds exquisite!

As a stay home parent, I'm not always successful with a "signature" look. But my signature look in the past has been classic, with a French influence.
  • black, white or a contrast of both
  • sterling, white gold or platinum
  • turquoise cuffs, pearl sets or diamonds studs
  • classic red lips and black eyeliner. Beige lipcolor
  • super pointy toe heels and flats
  • handheld totes and satchels
I had a classic page boy crop for years but I have gained weight all over including my face, so I've kept my hair down to my shoulders with layers for quite a while now.

My look changes everyday with how I feel. Lately I'm into being comfortable, so I wear soft cottons, well-fitted jeans, soft skirts,etc. Shoes are flats, wedges, and an occasional heel for a night out.

Right now, I wear a lot of black and white clothes with red shoes.

I used to buy very colorful dresses but today I bought a black dress and a black and white mod dress, both minis.

for the whole summer, i wore variations of these outfits:

blousy shirts, or layered tanks
w/ cargo shorts --- g-star/da-nang/chip & pepper
and wedges

OR patterned knee length dresses w/ sandals.

I dont have a particular style , just depending on the day. I love 1930s clothing, I knit up alot of things from 1930s knitting books. Usually for work I go retro one day, casual the next day. I love alot of Jcrew stuff too. I also love alot of Asian clothing brands so sometimes that style. A skirt with a peter pan collar blouse, I also love Asian street syle too. Depending on what I wake up and decide on putting on is my signature for the day. I always want to be put together though, I guess that could be my signature, never scruffy.

dark jeans, sleek high heels, flowy tops and gold jewelry (even when silver was the rage). and a nice bag.

for the day, i'm now more of a dressy casual gal. couture shorts, white flowy top, leather peep toe flats or low wedges and one of my lovely bags. or a short dress. yday i was wearing a red short dress with black leather peep toe flats with a big coach black bag. (most of my higher end bags are not black hehe)

i would say i'm at either end of the spectrum, and sometimes in the middle, so i guess i have no signature style, though i wish i did sometimes. sometimes i like elaborate details and frills, and sometimes i like to be streamlined. i am fairly partial to "machine wash" labels, that's one consistency.:lol: