Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

Visited this beauty numerous times at Macys before bringing her home today. 30% off did me in. NOT Sorry! I just adore this color in the belvedere leather.

IMG_8574_1.jpg

She's photographing a little more white than the actual color, IRL its more of a bone/cream color ..
IMG_8575.jpg
I just posted a reply but attached it to the wrong post, woops lol. I love it.. .. So beautiful!! Do you find it to o be heavy or easy to carry??

My Lily Bucket Bag from ILD arrived. The maroon color is a deep burgundy with brown undertones. It's a very nice color.
The leather is thick and pebbled, possibly embossed, but not coated. The bag is structured and well made. I don't think this leather will scratch or show wear unless it's dragged across concrete or along a brick wall. The leather is much thicker than
saffiano or pebbled leather.

I'm going to load it up and see how it carries. I hand carry my bags, not shoulder carry, so my comfort criteria is different.
I too prefer a zipper top handbag, but I knew this one was a bucket bag.

I do not understand some of the QVC reviews that said the bag scratched.... unless the QVC handbag is made from a different leather.

My Lily Bucket Bag from ILD arrived. The maroon color is a deep burgundy with brown undertones. It's a very nice color.
The leather is thick and pebbled, possibly embossed, but not coated. The bag is structured and well made. I don't think this leather will scratch or show wear unless it's dragged across concrete or along a brick wall. The leather is much thicker than
saffiano or pebbled leather.

I'm going to load it up and see how it carries. I hand carry my bags, not shoulder carry, so my comfort criteria is different.
I too prefer a zipper top handbag, but I knew this one was a bucket bag.

I do not understand some of the QVC reviews that said the bag scratched.... unless the QVC handbag is made from a different leather.

LJ, I got the one I have from QVC and I agree with you, I don't think this leather will scratch easily. It seems very easy care.
I like the look of the florentine toscana and toscana Nuovo better (they look more luxurious) but those scratch more easily.

LJ, I got the one I have from QVC and I agree with you, I don't think this leather will scratch easily. It seems very easy care.
I like the look of the florentine toscana and toscana Nuovo better (they look more luxurious) but those scratch more easily.
I have a Florentine Toscana and it's a totally different leather than the one they used on the Lily. The leather on the Flo Toscana is almost like a slightly pebbled Alto leather. It's lovely, but will probably show marks, like the Alto does. There is room in my handbag collection for many different leathers and styles. Each one has it's positive and negative characteristic.
I might love the pebbled zip zip, and it carries and wear perfectly for me, but after collecting the rainbow of colors, it can
lack some excitement.

So I ordered this one too...... hoping its a winner. BUT, I placed the order with ILD. I placed the order to have it shipped to my mother's address like my other package. But when I called ILD to see if they had a tracking number, they said it was shipped to my billing address instead of the address that was on the order confirmation. The guy in the phone took my info and said he would get back to me. I am hoping they can contact shipping company and reroute the package. If not, it will sit on my porch while I'm out of town. We live in a safe neighborhood but still. Oye. Have you ever had this happen??Screenshot_20170629-115826.png

So I ordered this one too...... hoping its a winner. BUT, I placed the order with ILD. I placed the order to have it shipped to my mother's address like my other package. But when I called ILD to see if they had a tracking number, they said it was shipped to my billing address instead of the address that was on the order confirmation. The guy in the phone took my info and said he would get back to me. I am hoping they can contact shipping company and reroute the package. If not, it will sit on my porch while I'm out of town. We live in a safe neighborhood but still. Oye. Have you ever had this happen??View attachment 3749253
Once you have a tracking # try to contact the shipping co. directly. Most of them have a web site and maybe you can
alter the location. I like your newest handbag choice.... is it calypso or sky blue?

Reactions: BadWolf10
Once you have a tracking # try to contact the shipping co. directly. Most of them have a web site and maybe you can
alter the location. I like your newest handbag choice.... is it calypso or sky blue?
It's called light blue. It's very close to calypso, I was able to see it in the outlet a few weeks ago. It's a little less green and slightly more saturated than calypso. But so, so close.

I finally got a ups tracking, it looks like he was able to change it, as it is heading to the right address now. I am so glad I called to check on it, whew.

Last edited:
It's called light blue. It's very close to calypso, I was able to see it in the outlet a few weeks ago. It's a little less green and slightly more saturated than calypso. But so, so close.

I finally got a ups tracking, it looks like he was able to change it, as it is heading to the right address now. I am so glad I called to check on it, whew.
BW: hope it's a winner when it arrives.

So I ordered this one too...... hoping its a winner. BUT, I placed the order with ILD. I placed the order to have it shipped to my mother's address like my other package. But when I called ILD to see if they had a tracking number, they said it was shipped to my billing address instead of the address that was on the order confirmation. The guy in the phone took my info and said he would get back to me. I am hoping they can contact shipping company and reroute the package. If not, it will sit on my porch while I'm out of town. We live in a safe neighborhood but still. Oye. Have you ever had this happen??View attachment 3749253

If you sign up for the free UPS service you can at least ask them to hold it at a local facility should this happen again. It has come in handy a couple times for me if something needs a signature and I will be at work on delivery day.

I never had this exact situation, but when I bought a LV bag from Nordies, I had it shipped to work because it needed a signature and FedEx tries to do a.m. Delivery at my house. So when did they try to deliver at work? An hour after we closed and the driver knows we close at 4.

If you sign up for the free UPS service you can at least ask them to hold it at a local facility should this happen again. It has come in handy a couple times for me if something needs a signature and I will be at work on delivery day.

I never had this exact situation, but when I bought a LV bag from Nordies, I had it shipped to work because it needed a signature and FedEx tries to do a.m. Delivery at my house. So when did they try to deliver at work? An hour after we closed and the driver knows we close at 4.
That is a great idea, I will definitely do that!! Thanks!!

We arrived at my parents' house last night. I finally opened my box and got to set eyes on Lilt Toscana in Maroon. Wowza, she is beautiful. I will try to post pics later, but hard with family events right now. I did show her to my mom. She loved the color too. I love the strap, I love the color, and the logo lock is surprisingly easy to use. I do like that the leather is not Flo toscana. It is definitely more like claremont or saffiano in terms of feel and structure, but more luxurious feeling. My only concern is that it probably won't soften making it a structured bag as a couple of you have mentioned. But I think I am ok with that. I am going to put my stuff in her later and carry her around the bedroom to see what I think. But I'm 85% sure I'm keeping her. I had considered the new belvedere logo lock in cranberry, but she would be an additional $100 even with the dooney sale. And no accessories. But, I am more of a soft handbag girl. So we will see. Haven't made the final decision yet ;)

BW: she is beautiful. I got mine also. Love the color and the look. Just trying to figure out how to carry her, since I don't do shoulder bags. Not sure if I can hand carry or if I must put her over the arm. I have to load her up with my stuff and see.
What do you think of the quality of the leather?? I finally remembered why I like the silhouette so much....it reminds me a little of a Burberry bag I have always wanted but will never ever buy. :smile:

Last edited: