Your Mulberry - where was it made....and is there really a difference!....

Loving this thread and will be getting my three out tomorrow for a good look, but what is "The Duck"? :smile:
IMG_1249-2.jpg

The Duck! See what I mean about English quirkiness?

Hi everyone

A little thumb twiddling tonight, what with the anti-climax after Murray's sensational Gold Medal (and the crappy weather!), so I just thought of a (potentially) interesting topic and would love to know other's opinions on it.

I recall, quite recently, that we had a similar, albeit brief, discussion somewhere about "Made in" - and touched on the obvious political/economic/ethical reasons for not wholly agreeing with Mulberry's ethos of outsourcing (to China, for instance).

But these issues aside, (and I know we are prohibited from discussing anything controversial and inflammatory - and of course we all know that Mulberry is now half owned by Chinese billionaires) - do you have any specific preferences as to where your Mulberries are produced. Of course, we all know and love English Mulberry at it's best - but what of Turkey, Spain and China - does the quality differ, or do you think it is consistent across the board?

That said, I have examples from all places (with the exception of Spain), and I am really undecided as to whether one is obviously better than another - but I must say that the finishing on my dear old Black Roxy (England) is immaculate and stitching perfect, but my Turkish examples are also gorgeous, ditto my Chinese Elgin.......

Comments/views much appreciated!....xx

I love the made in England ones the best. I always look at the tag of a new bag to see what ive got and am over the moon when its made in England.
I owned many from every country but it hasnt affected the quality one bit.
I personally would prefer all their bags to made in England and not abroad as it is a british brand.
Bit gutted when my new printed alexa was made n Turkey.

All three of my Mulberries are made in Turkey. They have all been purchased from different countries - Australia (sbs), Germany (SS Alexa) and Singapore (heritage sbs). I can't say that I am at all disappointed with the quality, though I don't have anything to compare them to!!

I don't think the quality is any different as I think Mulberry has very strict guidelines to adhere to. I doubt they would let the quality slip

I personally would like my bags to be made in England and I think it’s very important.

I don’t actually know anymore how you mange to get hold of a Mulberry that’s made in England. Most seem to be made abroad now

Do we know how many and the percentage that are actually made here?

Wouldn't it be great if they started making bespoke bags again when they open the new factory?

.....don't get me onto that one!......I fully believe (as I think I commented somewhere else last week) that we should start a petition to "Bring Back Bespoke".......can you imagine (I am getting ideas as we speak - (potentially not good for the bank balance!....)

.....and as for Ellie's oak printed Roxy......just divine!.....but apparently, for those who didn't know, and if my memory serves me right, that was the result of Mulberry accidentally destroying one of her bags (thinking it was fake) - then, realising their error, offering an incredible Gesture of Goodwill.....:graucho::tup::yes:

Nothing like a bit of thumb twiddling to set of a very interesting thread, well done Rox :biggrin:

This is really interesting Plemont :biggrin: and if I wasn't so blinking tired I'd be rooting out all of my bags to check on their origin, most of which are Turkey and England :biggrin:

Madmadmo - now you're talking, but hey what a blinking long waiting list they would have.

That said Rox my ostrich iphone cover is made in Spain but this thread has now encouraged me to get all of my babies out tomorrow and compare quality, stitching and leathers, ahhhhhhhhh you've saved me from a housework day whilst princess is with nanny................oh I do like you Rox!!! :biggrin:

Thanks hun - anything to get out of the chores, eh! - pleasure to "enable"!!!..:graucho:

Ostrich made in Spain is fitting in with my theory nicely (but reminds me that I STILL don't own anything in ostrich, grrrr)

DP, I'm torn between telling you to have a shopping day while you've got a bit of freedom, and encouraging you to have a Mulberry day because hopefully there'll be some lovely lovely photos taken as evidence......:P Definitely no housework though!

:tup::yes::lolots: