Your Method?

i was seriously contemplating that... i don't usually buy food anyway heh, i work as a baker and chef at a gourmet sandwich shoppe and catering buisiness. hehe...

my electric bill was 220 dollars for some gross reason, so it's impossble unless i sell these bags i'm tryin to sell on Craigslist :crybaby:

i'd buy the bag when i've the money to. selling things that you don't use anymore also helps...so, it's kind of recycling :P

ITA, that's exactly what I call it - recycling. Clothing and accessories resale expedite my saving for my only weakness...HANDBAGS! Plus I have no vices(don't drink, don't smoke,don't go out except to eat out w/ family), I'm super low maintenance(don't really like going to nail, hair, spa salons religiously)...so I guess I just appropriate those costs towards my handbag goal-of-the-moment. But don't worry, I don't look like a caveman just because I don't fuss with my looks, tee-hee.

I'm in a different spot in my life now-I've taught for 31 years. One son is graduated from college-the other a sophomore in college. The mortgage is gone, the cars are paid for, so now I figure that it's time for me to have some of the things that I've worked so hard for. The last 23 years it's been about the kids-so now finally it's my time. My husband spends on golf-shopping is my thing. Although truthfully, I wouldn't ever spend over $500 for a bag-I'd wait for it to go on sale if I really wanted it. I got a great deal on a Mulberry Bayswater-and when I got it for $500-I decided that I didn't really like it that much. Too heavy and too open-so I took it back to Nordstrom. For me, the thrill of the bag is often in the hunt to get a great deal on it! I have some lovely bags from Botkier, Marc Jacobs, Kooba, Bulga, Tod's, Carlos Falchi-but all of them I bought on sale for less than $500. Does that make sense to any of you out there?:shrugs:

I have a piggy bank (okay it's a giant tiki head, LOL) and everytime I get paid, I do two things, run to the ATM and deposit $40 cash into that thing. (Then the manicure, LOL) That's my vacation fund right now for Ft. Lauderdale in May (after that trip, it will go to a Disney trip). I also put all my pocket change into it as well, and then take it to a CoinStar and get $$ that way. Also, if I have any extra cash floating around it gets put in there too (like if my Dad slips me five for lunch, or my grandma lets me keep the change).

Hahaha I live in a crappy apartment which I don't mind because I'm never there, and I work 80+ hours a week so I don't have time to go shopping. I also buy cheap clothes and shoes. My only indulgence is handbags, really. And, besides, I find it easily justifiable even though I don't have savings because I spend 50+ percent of my income on taxes and another giant chunk paying off my quarter million dollar student debt. If I didn't buy ANYTHING nice I would probably shoot myself. No, really, I probably would. Handbags are like therapy, only cheaper and more effective.

I spend my money wisely. Not on a bunch of little things I don't need (I HATE KNICK KNACKS!!!!) I spend what I can when I want on what I want and determine what I do not need to buy.

Somehow, that works for me. And, of course, I work. I work a lot actually. I have not had a day off in 4 weeks and two days.

Well I'm maxing out the 401k (15k a year) paying off the student loans and I have some emergency money saved up on top. I also have a budget of 10% of my income for clothes & bags. I just try and keep it around that each month, sometimes I'm a little over but because my savings are automatic its fine.

You have to remember some of the ladies here are in a different place in their lives financially, so don't kill yourself or be late for a handbag. I've passed on lots of things I wanted and you know, years later, I remember like 3 of them.

Well I'm maxing out the 401k (15k a year) paying off the student loans and I have some emergency money saved up on top. I also have a budget of 10% of my income for clothes & bags. I just try and keep it around that each month, sometimes I'm a little over but because my savings are automatic its fine.

You have to remember some of the ladies here are in a different place in their lives financially, so don't kill yourself or be late for a handbag. I've passed on lots of things I wanted and you know, years later, I remember like 3 of them.

Great advice. Someone once told me to look at my credit card statements from a year or even 6 months ago and see how much I a) remembered buying and b) still loved and used. It was a huge wake up call when I most needed it!