Your First Purse....ever.

This is such a cute thread. I think my first bag (or at least the first one I remember having) was a medium green canvas bag that was actually the same style as the anna corinna city (but definately not as nice!). It didn't have zippers, but you could either hold it by the handle or fold it over and use the strap. I was about 5 or 6 and I think I put lipbalm and marbles in it haha!

girls gotta have her marbles with her!

My first bag was a bday present from my cousin a few yrs ago..it was a small LV bag..I think it was from the vernis line..never really wore it cause its too expensive and didnt want to ruin it...but last year..my bf bought me the black Chanel bag with the white C's. (not really good with the name of the bags like i am with jeans) :biggrin: I LOVE it and wear it occasionally because i dont want to stracth it!!!

I don't remember my first bag at all but I did give my cousin a denim handbag with little flowers and wooden handle from Gymboree when she was 5 years old. She's about 10 now and still uses the bag. She actually took very good care of it considering how young she was when she got it.

21saKWFmdML._AA160_.jpg
<--- similar to that

My first purse was given to me by my best friend for my 13th birthday. It was a blue cross over with a pretty dragonfly on it. It had velcro and it was very nice. Later the velcro stopped working and the purse was too small. I gave it away to good will after 6 years.

I don't remember my first bag, but when I was around 9 or 10, I had a suede pouch that had really long fringe. (It was the 70's and hippie wear was hot. I wanted to be a "flower child" when I grew up.:yes:) I used to carry it all the time. I would pet it and braid the fringe like it was a little pet.

p.s. DH says I still get the same look on my face whenever I get a new bag!

How sweet!

Wish I had a photo, but my first purse was Hello Kitty!

I was obsessed...had to have Hello Kitty everything!

I didn't have much, but I did have matching Hello Kitty shoe laces that I proudly laced up on my keds. haha...ah, reminisce..

I was 12, and t was a dark blue sporty nylon thing from H&M, I don't think I have a pic. I still have it somewhere, it's pretty basic, but it really got me hooked on bags, because it was so much nicer to carry than a backbag.