Your first GOYARD encounter?

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Where did you first learn about or see Goyard? For me, it was after reading about the brand on a couple of other bag websites before TPF. Then I stopped at Barneys in NY and spent time in the boutique and found the bags really appealing. I'd already been an LV collector, so the idea of French coated canvas products was something I was on board with.

What attracted me were the pretty colors, compared to LV, and the handpainting.

The first time I saw Goyard was at their boutique. I fell in love with the colors and styles. My first piece was a card case and then I went on from there...:graucho:
I am hoping to visit a Barneys that carries Goyard soon so I can buy another bag.

I first started seeing it around my town 5 years ago. I liked it but didn't really know what it was. Then I met my BF 2 1/2 yrs ago an he had a black card case. His family LOVES this brand and they really got me into it. Now I am obsessed.

TBH I do not remember where, when or how I First saw goyard. I believe it was on Ebay I was searching for somthign and came across this. It must have been years and years ago. Maybe a good 6 years ago. Then when the Barneys in Boston opened I had a store closer to home. I still do not have anything Goyard but my day will come soon!

I first saw really old Goyard trunks (on e bay I think) and liked the pattern. TPF Goyard threads are really nice reads and love the pics and reveals too..

I first saw vintage trunks on the web, like Elliespurse.

Then, I suppose it was 3 or so years ago, I came to New York to visit universities and came across it at Barney's on the way to the Co-op. Let's just say I never made it to the Co-op... I purchased my first Goyards two years later when I came here to study.

Ah, memories :love:

I read an interview of Karl Lagerfeld where he said he only uses Goyard luggage and then tracked it to down at Barney's but made a special trip to the SF store to order a custom made bag.

I started getting interested in GOYARD after seeing AmourCouture's amazing collection.
Yes our very own AC/AmourCouture (silent femme fatale Louise Brooks in her avatar) was responsible for my Goyard fixation. And also I have to reluctantly thank the Goyard Scammer; NYShopgirl was first scammed by her and started a thread. The reason the GS is/was able to get away with it is the fact that Goyard has been pretty rare and inaccessible. Anyone wanting a good (long) read: this threads in ebay section:
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/my-ebay-goyard-scammer-is-back-330917.html
Also search Goyard Scammer for more in ebay threads.

I started getting interested in GOYARD after seeing AmourCouture's amazing collection.

Yes our very own AC/AmourCouture (silent femme fatale Louise Brooks in her avatar) was responsible for my Goyard fixation

:blush: Awwww :tender: you girls are sweet!

I too found Goyard when I stumbled across this trunk (below) on the Chicago Gold Coast. It is still my favorite piece! A bit beat up but I love it still.

I am partial to the hard framed pieces and trunks! I do love the bags, but am also partial to the more structured pieces.

mmmsc- I must agree that the scammer saga only pushed my obsession further!
GoyardClosed4.jpg

GoyardLock9.jpg

Last edited: