Food Your fave resturant is..?

We have a few local restaurants in Charlotte, NC that I regularly go to, depending on what I'm in the mood for...

Upper end: First would be a great little Italian place, Dolce Ristorante. The next would be a Japanese-French fusion spot, Restaurant i. Dakotas for southern style food, and 300 East for the usual-with-a-twist fair. Cantina 1511 for Mexican. McCormick and Schmicks is consistent for good seafood. Ilios Noche for tasty lil gourmet pizzas and good appetizers, though the seating is bleh. Providence Cafe is great for a nice lunch, yummy fried green tomato sandwich.

Fun Food: South 21 Drive-in for a burger, Price's Chicken Coop for fried chicken (when I can get up there, they have early closing hours...if not, Bojangles, lol), Shell Inn between Lancaster SC and Rock Hill SC for fried seafood (very hard to find place, way out in the country, know about it because my Dad used to supply them with fish)

Austin, Texas:

Vespiao, hands down, the best italian ever. High end (for Austin) and fabulous!

Mars... asian/mediterranian fusion. excellent.

LaTraviata- great italian, not quite as good as Vespiao, but very, very good.

Gumbos- great Louisiana seafood... as good as it gets without a trip to the big easy.

Miami -

China Grill
Il Porcao (amazing brazilian steakhouse)
Ruth's Chris
Tani (incredible Thai)
and of course the usual PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux Cafe etc :smile:

in LA:

high end - nobu (looove miso black cod, rock shrimp tempura, new style sashimi, tuna tartar, can go on and on)

mid range - tokyo table (right across the street from nobu in BH) - seared albacore on crispy rice, seared garlic albacore, calamari salad, and many more

low end - natalee thai (thai bbq chicken, hi yo silver, pineapple fried rice w/ crabmeat)

wow this thread has gotten me HUNGRY!