Your Fashion Mission Statement

I can't really do it in words I can only do it with people examples lol. My style's a combo of Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham, Grace Kelly and Lou Doillon. So I guess like...rock star daytime look meets socialite lol. Actually, what I think is really fun to do is create a fashion persona for whatever outfit you're in a certain day. Like just something to base the look on, a few of the ones I like are like "Russian rock star princess", "Danish model" lol just silly things

to put it as concisely as possible: chic, but deadly (^(oo)^)v

although my style has changed over the years, i think the above perfectly describes any and all of the various iterations of piggy - it captures the common threads that haven't changed since high school, like the following . . .

piggies have always loved:

• leather jackets
  • stilettos & stiletto boots - skinnier the better
  • reptile skins - croc, gator, lizzie, python
  • furs
  • body con styles
  • extremely tailored/dramatic outerwear
  • driving gloves
  • shield sunnies
  • super long/straight hair, hair sticks
piggies have always avoided:

• flats of any kind
  • chunky heels & wedges
  • sweatpants, sweatshirts
  • t-shirts
  • anything remotely athletic-looking
  • babydoll / non-fitted silhouettes
  • anything too frilly or poufy
  • pastels
  • cardigans
  • curly hair, layers, braiding, ponytails
you see? chic but deadly! (^(oo)^)v what do you think? :P

Understated, classic, effortless, neutral, elegant, comfortable, simple, un-fussy...with a very slight undertone of edgy rocker chic.

At least I hope so. :rolleyes: At the end of the day, if I don't look like a frumpy mom, then scoooooooooooore! :yahoo:

Typical outfit for me: denim jeggings, black leather knee boots, flowy tunic, blazer or leather biker jacket, large slouchy logo-less bag. And ALWAYS: a cozy scarf tied loosely around my neck.

classic, elegant, lady-like (I'll always opt for skirts over pants), appreciative of formal over comfortable styles, a lover of unique fabrics, darker colors with an edge, and never commonplace (i.e. I won't wear the "it" outfit, whatever it may be).

And you, Bitten? Love to know.

Well, it's a pretty varied list (you can find things that suit your style in all sorts of places, I think :biggrin:) but on a quick review of my wardrobe:

Clothes: Moschino, Moschino C&C, Miu Miu, Diane von Furstenburg, Donna Karan, Maxmara, Easton Pearson, Alberta Ferretti, Alexander McQueen (RIP), YSL Rive Gauche; I supplement with jeans from 7FAM and COH plus Aussie high street brands like Saba, Witchery and David Lawrence as well.

Shoes: CLs, Miu Miu, Jimmy Choo 24/7 (LOVE this line, buying way too much!) Also picked up a pair of Valentino red leather pumps last week - too cute!

Bags: Anya Hindmarch, LV, YSL, Longchamp and Bally

I have a really great wardrobe as a result of lots of careful editing and purchasing over time. It works so well for me whether I'm dressing as a professional or lounging with friends on a weekend.

I go for classic, vintage, casual, chic, eclectic.

I love vintage clothing (particularly dresses) from the 1940s-50s, leather jackets, long cashmere/wool coats - bonus if they have a fur collar, big designer sunglasses, big designer bags, vintage clutches, heels of all types, wide-leg trousers, cardigans, costume jewelry necklaces (massive party pearls are my best friend), patterned tights or fishnet stockings, faux furs, wool or cashmere scarves, sometimes a beret or vintage hat, white blouses, nice well-fitting jeans.

to put it as concisely as possible: chic, but deadly (^(oo)^)v

although my style has changed over the years, i think the above perfectly describes any and all of the various iterations of piggy - it captures the common threads that haven't changed since high school, like the following . . .

piggies have always loved:

• leather jackets
  • stilettos & stiletto boots - skinnier the better
  • reptile skins - croc, gator, lizzie, python
  • furs
  • body con styles
  • extremely tailored/dramatic outerwear
  • driving gloves
  • shield sunnies
  • super long/straight hair, hair sticks
piggies have always avoided:

• flats of any kind
  • chunky heels & wedges
  • sweatpants, sweatshirts
  • t-shirts
  • anything remotely athletic-looking
  • babydoll / non-fitted silhouettes
  • anything too frilly or poufy
  • pastels
  • cardigans
  • curly hair, layers, braiding, ponytails
you see? chic but deadly! (^(oo)^)v what do you think? :P

omg I wrote mine before seeing yours yesterday - mad scramble to play on TPF during lunch - and I didn't realize how 100% I agree with these lists! these are great! I'm posting these on facebook!! :tup:

Last edited: