Your current H drama/trauma...

Mine is how I will ever acquire a black birkin (togo or clemence) at or near retail. I don't live anywhere near a boutique and while I visit 1 or 2 a year, I won't be able to develop the relationship that such a dream would require.

My current fear is that when the "come on" inventory at the Wall Street store dies down and goes to a normal level (eg, extreme dearth of birkins and kellys) - which will happen soon if it hasnt already - the store will turn into Madison, catering to tourists, outoftowners and celebrities first, with no priority or consideration given to local regulars.

I am in the middle of a pompom drama/trauma! My closest H store so patiently and kindly searched everywhere for the pompoms I want, they FOUND THEM several weeks ago at another store, but that store had them on "hold for an important customer" until Dec. 18. My store called again yesterday and now they are on "hold for the important customer until Dec. 31!!!!!!":wtf:

I guess it would be easier to understand the lengthy hold if I was looking for a $50, 000 croc birkin but for $165 pompoms? I want to understand but it's hard....

Plus I'm so mad at myself when I see that beautiful Amazonia gp on ebay- I thought I was taking good care of mine...I think I loved/used it too much...:s

My current fear is that when the "come on" inventory at the Wall Street store dies down and goes to a normal level (eg, extreme dearth of birkins and kellys) - which will happen soon if it hasnt already - the store will turn into Madison, catering to tourists, outoftowners and celebrities first, with no priority or consideration given to local regulars.

ooh do you think that would really happen? somehow i can't see that...at least i dearly hope not. :confused1: i never even thought of that.

My drama/trauma. Hmmm. I am going to Las Vegas next week. I am going to try to find the time to steal away to Hermes (there is not one where I live), and hope to find my first Hermes bag. If I don't find one there, I don't know when I will be able to get to another boutique, and my inner diva is sure to throw a tantrum.:hysteric: (My inner accountant will probably heave a sigh of relief.)

Part of the drama has been trying to prepare DH for the sticker shock, and the fact that I am indeed prepared to pay "that much for a handbag!!!" When the topic came up again today the following conversation ensued:
me: "blahblahblah Hermes. I'll be so depessed if they don't have anything."
DH: "I bought soup today."
pause...
me: "What has that got to do with anything it I just said?"
DH: "That's what you'll be eating lots of after you get your purse."

Wish me luck!

OMG what a depressing thought.

My drama/trauma. Hmmm. I am going to Las Vegas next week. I am going to try to find the time to steal away to Hermes (there is not one where I live), and hope to find my first Hermes bag. If I don't find one there, I don't know when I will be able to get to another boutique, and my inner diva is sure to throw a tantrum.:hysteric: (My inner accountant will probably heave a sigh of relief.)

Part of the drama has been trying to prepare DH for the sticker shock, and the fact that I am indeed prepared to pay "that much for a handbag!!!" When the topic came up again today the following conversation ensued:
me: "blahblahblah Hermes. I'll be so depessed if they don't have anything."
DH: "I bought soup today."
pause...
me: "What has that got to do with anything it I just said?"
DH: "That's what you'll be eating lots of after you get your purse."

Wish me luck!
:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
GOOD LUCK!!

i'd really love to get a kelly. i'm debating whether to sell some chanel bags (flaps) to get a non-vintage kelly or to keep the chanel flaps and get a vintage kelly.:shame: i sold some of my LV/Gucci (although i kept some basics for daily use) to fund the chanel in the past. when i bought the flaps, i thought that i really needed them, but in reality i've rarely use them...but then the chanel price increase is insane now (this makes me indecisive). which one would you go for?

^ i forgot to add: i discussed this with dh and he suggested "why don't you wait until you go back to work. you'll have more $$$ to spend and get a "new" one?" i know this is probably what i should do, but at the moment i'm a sahm and not planning to go back to work for another 2yrs (when both my children are in school full time). realistically, i don't really need a kelly nor does it fit to my current lifestyle (don't think i'd use her for school/grocery runs =P), but strangely i'm just craving for one.