Your biggest Balenciaga pet peeve?

i hate the leather inconsistencies.
one year it is good, the next not so much....and usually it turns out that the year with the bad leather has really great colors but the leather sucks...so there's no point in buying.

I wish more Bbags were on display at BalNY. I wonder how many they'd sell, and how many more visitors they'd attract, if we were all rewarded with the sight of Bbag heaven on full display in it's full glory. :girlsigh:

It's true, it's kind of a pain to have to keep asking the SA to bring them out...but then again, if they were all out on display - even at a place where people go just to buy or look at Balenciaga - think how much faster your favorite colors would run out. And how many more people would be carrying them around, and how much less original they'd be. A snobby take on it, I admit, but you don't want your bag to be like a very expensive version of black leggings - something everyone and her Aunt Ellie owns.

It's true, it's kind of a pain to have to keep asking the SA to bring them out...but then again, if they were all out on display - even at a place where people go just to buy or look at Balenciaga - think how much faster your favorite colors would run out. And how many more people would be carrying them around, and how much less original they'd be. A snobby take on it, I admit, but you don't want your bag to be like a very expensive version of black leggings - something everyone and her Aunt Ellie owns.
Yes, that occured to me and I wouldn't want that either. But there's a reasonable median where both objectives can be achieved and BalNY doesn't come close it. And at these prices and with all the Bal competitors freely displaying their wares without turning into Aunt Ellie's black leggings (I loved that! :lol:), there isn't a realistic threat that Bbags would become overexposed. It's just one little off-the-beaten-path store in one city. Its display strategies can't have that much of an impact on the bag market throughout the country. But they can, if they chose to, better feed the soul of pilgrims who make the trek to get there without meanwhile cheapening their brand. I know it can be done.

uneven leather... i had a blueberry day with smoosh matte leather on one part and puffy shiny distressed leather on others.... :cursing: dont get me wrong... i LOVE the leather variation in bbags... but not when it's all on ONE bag!

p.s hm... interesting take on the shoulder straps... wouldn't it be cool if bal started selling longer shoulder straps INDIVIDUALLY? imagine wearing your fave bbag accross the body or however u like it! :nuts:

I have several but my biggest is that the handles are too short and the strap on the City should be longer like the Part Time.

Others:
Mismatched leather or one handle a different color than the other
The yellowing and fading issue on bags less than a year old
Tassles.... you buy a bag with tassels the least they could do is make sure the tassels for all years and colors are available. They know that they break, then you are left with a bag with no tassels. Makes no sense.
Inside pocket in City ridiculously too small

Without a doubt--the fading issue.

I can handle a bag fading to a certain degree after heavy use, but it's the uneven fading that bothers me the most.

that i cant carry my weekender over my shoulder... it has the tiniest handles so that even in the crook of my arm it's very snug and for such a huge bag. don't get me wrong the bag is beautiful but my arms are normal weight and size so it's not like that why they don't fit.....

it's very strange i just hope they strech out with wear (someone please tell me they will... :shrugs: )

I think it would be really hard to sell individual straps for all colors, I mean, you know how tough it is just to get tassels!
This could work for black and white which are standard colors. Bal should def take notes.