Young

I think young is considered a year older than my current age :smile:
That seems to be the rule of thumb. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but it seems according to that logic a 100 year old is "young".

It kind seems like the older crowd, what I considered older, don't want to admit they're not "young". Which, I don't get. I'm young and can't wait to be older. :sad: Someone was speaking of there is no age limit, while there is no persay law, I think there are age limits to things mentally. Like, I believe if you're 22 and still live at home it's one thing, do you consider someone who is 32 and living with the rent the same? I guess that was my whole point. If you're unsettled at say 40, it's not the same as being unsettled at say 20. So, I think there's a "young", "middle", and 'old"

I think that it is hard to really define "old" It appears that a lot of girls in their 20's are experiencing the growing pains of moving out of their teen years into their adult years and all that goes with it..school, work, relationships, etc. All that stuff can make a person feel old. By the time we hit our mid 30's and above, the majority of us have hit our stride and shed (thank God) the issues surrounding the "young" ages. Which, in a silly twist of nature, makes us feel younger than some girls in their 20's.

My problem is that young is like gas prices. It keeps going up. There was a time when young meant you could write your age using only one digit. Then young got to be anybody under 16. Anybody over 18 was old. But before I even had time to get used to that, young went up again. People under 25 were young. Well, THAT didn't last long, and the next thing I knew, anybody under 40 was young. Whoa! Didn't people who were 40 used to be OLD? Well, that was then. And gas used to be a dollar a gallon. What can you do? I didn't even have time to change my bling to match my bag before young went up to 50, which used to be REALLY old. And phone booths took dimes. Well, I've had just about all I can take of this unceasing escalation of young, so I decided to take some action. Young means you can write your name using only two digits. At least, that's what it will mean for a little while...

As always Shimma - you've got it right LOL! I see 80plus men and women who defy the stereotype and that is GREAT! It's a whole new world today. I still think of my 19 year old as a baby:graucho:

That seems to be the rule of thumb. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but it seems according to that logic a 100 year old is "young".

It kind seems like the older crowd, what I considered older, don't want to admit they're not "young". Which, I don't get.

You're assuming unfortunately.
It's not a matter, IMO, of people "wanting" to admit they're not young
You asked an opinion and you're sort of telling people their opinion is wrong.
You consider me old at 32, I don't.
It's not a case of not wanting to admit I'm old though.
I am VERY different from you. At 21 I was dating 30 yr olds. . . I didn't find them "old".
30, 32, 35, 38, etc. . . has never seemed old to me personally.

100? yes, to me that's old!
My family lives to be very old though. I knew my great-great grandmother and my great grandmother for a long time so 'middle aged' to me isn't until I'm about 45. So 32 is young!:P

Age is relative to many aspects of the person, there are some "young" people I would call old & some "old" people that I would call young!
As for actual age I don't think that anyone in their 30's is old!

I was just talking with some friends. One of them went out a guy on a blind date who described himself as young. He turned out to be 38. :wtf:

At that age, describing yourself of young when you are not is mostly a guy thing.

A guy in his 50s will describe himself as "young" or "youthful" in a personals ad.

It is only when they hit 60 that they start qualifying their statements: "60 but look younger" type of nonsense.

Sometimes I grab a local free publication when I get coffee. The men's personal ads always crack me up regardless of which gender they are looking for.

not to be cliche, but I think if you feel young, then you are young....I am 22, and I feel young, and my grandmother is 65, and she feels young and has fun at her age, sooo....I dunno, depends on how you feel and act, I guess.

You're assuming unfortunately.
It's not a matter, IMO, of people "wanting" to admit they're not young
You asked an opinion and you're sort of telling people their opinion is wrong.
You consider me old at 32, I don't.
It's not a case of not wanting to admit I'm old though.
I am VERY different from you. At 21 I was dating 30 yr olds. . . I didn't find them "old".
30, 32, 35, 38, etc. . . has never seemed old to me personally.

100? yes, to me that's old!
My family lives to be very old though. I knew my great-great grandmother and my great grandmother for a long time so 'middle aged' to me isn't until I'm about 45. So 32 is young!:P

It's just weird. Like a lot of people say you're as young as you feel and the like, but if you, the general you, saw someone over a certain age and didn't know them you wouldn't call them young, kwim? Like the 38 year old example. If you, general you, saw a 38 year old lady and a 20 year old lady, you'd be more inclined to say that the 20 year old is young. Or if say they were walking together and your friend says I like the young woman's bag. I think people would just know who she was speaking of. Where as if it was a 21 and a 24 year old you may not. Or for example, say you meet a man or woman with gray hair who was spirited. I don't think most people would think of wow, they're young. They'd think that old(er) person has energy. I think that was more of what I was asking. I can't answer for you, but I see people doing things like that all the time. So, I wondered how people here felt of it.

By the way, I don't think you're old. I just see you as more in the middle of being young and being older. :yes: