Young and in Love.....With Hermes!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am 23 and started my H Journey in 2011 when I purchased my first Lindy with money I saved from babysitting over the course of two years. Times have thankfully changed and I was able to buy first Birkin in December and I am excited to start the hunt for another one.

Hey barbie! I stumbled across this thread and I just wanted to say its great to see someone on the same H road that I am around my age (I'm 24). [emoji16] I got my first Birkin end of 2014 and just got another about a month ago! Are you using yours as a daily workhorse or just wearing it occasionally? [emoji5]️

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1434242185.641055.jpg

Hi,
I purchased my second Birkin last month, I use them occasionally almost every weekend, when I go to Europe I take it and use it everyday but right now when I am home i used only when I am going somewhere special. What about you?
Hey barbie! I stumbled across this thread and I just wanted to say its great to see someone on the same H road that I am around my age (I'm 24). [emoji16] I got my first Birkin end of 2014 and just got another about a month ago! Are you using yours as a daily workhorse or just wearing it occasionally? [emoji5]️

View attachment 3031062

I recently fell in love with the Birkin, it's perfection :hbeat:! My first love was LV, then came Chanel, and now I've made my way to Hermes. I don't own any, yet, but plan too! I can purchase one without exactly going into debt or wiping out my savings, but I think I'm going to save the upcoming 7 months for one! But it's going to be so hard :shuckst:!!!! I have a monthly "luxury goods budget" where I usually buy louboutins, but I'm willing to sacrifice growing a louboutin collection for a Birkin :graucho: I have 8, so that's enough for now :biggrin:

Maybe around my next birthday I will have enough saved, as well as, be more knowledge with the exact type of Birkin I want :smile:

Ok, it's official….. I'm def pulling the trigger come my 25th birthday in 7 months :roflmfao: And if I don't save the exact amount (there's no way I can completely forgo shopping for luxury goods :faint:), I'll take just a small amount from my savings ;)

Ok, done thinking (writing) outloud :roflmfao:

Hi all :smile:

Also in love with Hermes, I'm 24 but have yet to take the plunge. For now I'm all about Chanel and LV, whilst I have the clic clac H etc I am toying with the idea of getting an Evelyne as it's just such a lovely relaxed yet iconic bag. I DO absolutely love the Birkin and Kelly, but for me I worry it's a bit too much for me where I live as literally no one owns one, I would hate to step out and for people to assume XYZ about me despite the fact I loooooove the bags.

Oh wow, cool thread :smile: I'm 27 and I've been addicted to Hermes for only less than a year. Before that, I was a Chanel girl and I thought Hermes was too simple and too snooty. But it all changed when I met the right SA. Now I have a deep appreciation of the brand, the cleanliness of its aesthetic, and its excellent craftsmanship. I have various accessories (belt, watch, bracelets, scarves) and my 2 beloved birkins. My next dream bag is a kelly, and I'm hoping to find the right kelly for me in the near future :smile:

Hi,

I purchased my second Birkin last month, I use them occasionally almost every weekend, when I go to Europe I take it and use it everyday but right now when I am home i used only when I am going somewhere special. What about you?

Super late in responding but I use them most weekends or casually after work during the week. I don't feel comfortable wearing them to work.

I recently fell in love with the Birkin, it's perfection :hbeat:! My first love was LV, then came Chanel, and now I've made my way to Hermes. I don't own any, yet, but plan too! I can purchase one without exactly going into debt or wiping out my savings, but I think I'm going to save the upcoming 7 months for one! But it's going to be so hard :shuckst:!!!! I have a monthly "luxury goods budget" where I usually buy louboutins, but I'm willing to sacrifice growing a louboutin collection for a Birkin :graucho: I have 8, so that's enough for now :biggrin:

Maybe around my next birthday I will have enough saved, as well as, be more knowledge with the exact type of Birkin I want :smile:

Ok, it's official….. I'm def pulling the trigger come my 25th birthday in 7 months :roflmfao: And if I don't save the exact amount (there's no way I can completely forgo shopping for luxury goods :faint:), I'll take just a small amount from my savings ;)

Ok, done thinking (writing) outloud :roflmfao:

It's the prefect 25th birthday present!! And coming from an obsessive louboutin collector I would definitely give most (not all) away for another H bag I've been lusting after! I hope you can get it!!!

Hi all!

I just wanted to join the club. I'm 28 and have been bitten by the H bug for as long as I can recall. No idea where it came from since I grew up in a house where fashion was not a priority. Anyway I have two bags and hoping to add more :graucho:. I am also a big fan of the bracelets and have a couple of dip dyes.

I would like a Kelly some day but for now am sticking to more under the radar and frankly affordable styles which I like for their discretion anyway. I know I will get one some day regardless since I am just so in love with the shape but that will come when I am more established and the savings account built back up since we went crazy in Tahiti for our honeymoon :smile:. But hey the best part of being in the Young and in love with H club is we set our fashion priorities early and have lots of time to save and make money to fuel our addiction :smile:.

Reactions: miss argile
Hey all, I just joined the forum and I'm 25. I got my first H when I was 21? and still in university. It was a belt that I bought on ebay from a consignment shop. I haven't really got the bug back then, I loved the belt but over time it's gotten a bit dusty as I stopped wearing belts that often.

I've always been a lover of practical bags i.e. those with a strap and thought of myself as a Chanel girl exclusively. My BF got me a beautiful timeless black Chanel two years back when I was in grad school and very depressed for my birthday and this has only encouraged me in my believe that only small shoulder bags would do it for me (even though I do have a couple of bigger bags as well).

I always thought I would never get a Birkin because a) I didn't like the style b) it didn't have any shoulder strap. Well, I guess I was wrong. Entering the corporate world as a junior investment banker my salary suddenly allowed me much more financial freedom than before and I started to think about what bag I would like to have in my collection.

And even though I still don't like the PHW Birkins I slowly over time fell in love with the black GHW birkin and started reading on the forum, browsing vintage shops online rentlessly. And then I changed my mind again. As I love pastels and most of my wardrobe consists of neutrals I decided a gold GWH birkin would match my wardrobe much better.

And this week finally I got my 35 gold GHW birkin and I absolutely love it (i bought it from collectorsquare). I even stayed home on Monday to wait for the UPS deliver all day (telling my colleagues I had to work from home as I had a "furniture deliver" ;)).

And I think I got the H bug now. I signed up to this forum, shared this very long story and am halfway through with reading "Bringing home the Birkin" and am now browsing H shoes for my BF. I feel like this could be just the beginning of a great love!

Hey all, I just joined the forum and I'm 25. I got my first H when I was 21? and still in university. It was a belt that I bought on ebay from a consignment shop. I haven't really got the bug back then, I loved the belt but over time it's gotten a bit dusty as I stopped wearing belts that often.

I've always been a lover of practical bags i.e. those with a strap and thought of myself as a Chanel girl exclusively. My BF got me a beautiful timeless black Chanel two years back when I was in grad school and very depressed for my birthday and this has only encouraged me in my believe that only small shoulder bags would do it for me (even though I do have a couple of bigger bags as well).

I always thought I would never get a Birkin because a) I didn't like the style b) it didn't have any shoulder strap. Well, I guess I was wrong. Entering the corporate world as a junior investment banker my salary suddenly allowed me much more financial freedom than before and I started to think about what bag I would like to have in my collection.

And even though I still don't like the PHW Birkins I slowly over time fell in love with the black GHW birkin and started reading on the forum, browsing vintage shops online rentlessly. And then I changed my mind again. As I love pastels and most of my wardrobe consists of neutrals I decided a gold GWH birkin would match my wardrobe much better.

And this week finally I got my 35 gold GHW birkin and I absolutely love it (i bought it from collectorsquare). I even stayed home on Monday to wait for the UPS deliver all day (telling my colleagues I had to work from home as I had a "furniture deliver" ;)).

And I think I got the H bug now. I signed up to this forum, shared this very long story and am halfway through with reading "Bringing home the Birkin" and am now browsing H shoes for my BF. I feel like this could be just the beginning of a great love!

Welcome and as they say its a slippery orange slope :smile:

Hi All!! First post here in about a year. Hopefully you all can share updates from your collections in 2016! I'm 29 and have been lusting heavily after H for the past year. I got it in my mind just over a year ago that I wanted to have a B and other Hermes treasures. I found a SA who would work with me remotely, proceeded to buy a few bracelets, and then got my first C a few months later. Fast forward to this December. I visited my SA, bought a gorgeous ring and a few other things with my Mom, and brought home my first B! Can't wait to add a few more bags this year, and daily accessories like scarves and a watch. I hope to only buy what I will use regularly!! Nothing that I'll be too nervous to use.