You Should Stop Trying To Fit In Ur Skinny Jeans When....

a friend of the family used to own a store that sold jeans in the 70s, it was called seargent peppers and was iconic in the northeast.
they sold jeans that you had to put on and then sit in a cold bath so they would shrink to fit you. my mother still has some but cant get in them any more. she said when you tried on tight jeans you would lie on the floor of the stoor and one of the assistants would pull up the zipper using a coat hanger and if you could get them fastened you would wear them home.

I always thought that was a myth! lol. the things we do in the name of fashion

ohmygod!!!! how awful!!! they say 9 months up 9 months down so i will wait another 6 monts and see how it goes... if i get a stomach that looks 16 again it will look really out of place with the rest of me that's not 16 again... maybe i can go in and get a complete overhaul!!! lol :smile:

LOL, the stories are all soo funny!
ok, my problem with jeans are that every single time after they come out from the dryer, i just can't seem to get them up anymre!
i'll be breathing in hard to button them up and sometimes hurt my nails and fingers....
once i get into them and once they r stretched out , i breathe easy again.
now, when i take them out from the dryer, i just keep pulling them hard, this is my crazy way of stretching them to fit!

Two words: Muffin Top

YES, totally. If I put on a pair of jeans (or any pants, really) and see muffin top, they are coming right back off.

Does anybody else do the squat-stretch? As in once you pull on a pair of tiiiiiight jeans you do a couple of quick squats to stretch them out a bit? Especially when they've just come out of the dryer. Just me?

My sister did the lay down and contort herself thing to get into her jeans. I never was so determined. Jeans and I never got along...seems like any that would go over my hips would not fit in the waist (huge, unattractive gap) and I wouldn't know if they would fit in the waist, because I could never get them over my hips. Even when I was younger and thinner I was one of those curvy girls (hourglass figure). I still have the hourglass figure, just bigger.
I have decided to give jeans another try, but I am going to make my own.
And, no...bruises, not breathing, any sort of pain is not worth putting yourself into those skinny jeans.

YES, totally. If I put on a pair of jeans (or any pants, really) and see muffin top, they are coming right back off.

Does anybody else do the squat-stretch? As in once you pull on a pair of tiiiiiight jeans you do a couple of quick squats to stretch them out a bit? Especially when they've just come out of the dryer. Just me?

LOL Not just you! I definately do that! It makes the jeans fit just right!

OMG I hate to laugh at your bruises but I have been cracking up! I don't wear my skinny jeans super-tight like that are supposed to be worn. I just can't stand not being able to breathe!

Oh no! I've never tried so hard to fit into jeans. I imagine they must be mighty uncomfy, and being lazy me, I would have taken the easier route of just wearing a dress :shame:

But some of your stories are great fun. Love that everyone here is able to laugh at themselves - the things we do to look good! :P

I am DETERMINED to try to fit into these skinny jeans which also happen to be my fav jeans:woohoo:

I took a DEEEEEP BREATH and used ALL my might to pull the button together so it buttoned and zipped up....

I can hardly breathe at this point and am trying to suck in my tummy so the stitches won't break.

I come back after about 2 hours and there are bruises on BOTH my hip bone area!!!:wtf: I guess the jeans were so tight they caused the bruising!!! there were no metal studs pressing against my hip bone so i know it's not that.

:idea:This tells me I am perhaps NOT READY for the skinny jeans and should put it away for awhile....

LOL :P

Anyone else have any funny stories about trying to fit into your skinny top or pants??

maybe your skinny jeans is too small for your size?...:nogood:

Lol thats funny!! I brought some new seven jeans and the first time I wore them my hips were sore too! I think it depends where the top of the jeans hit, to be on the hip bones they are low! I just make sure I pull them up a bit more so they are just over my hips now!

I have a funny story about my bfs jeans though!
He has a really athletic body especially his legs and bum, but his waist is really small. Because his bum is so big and muscley (lol) he has to buy jeans to fit in that area but they are huge around his waist. So they are always falling down, but will he wear a belt? No!

i had a baby a few months ago and things are sort of starting to fit again. i put my jeans in a pile from biggest to skinniest. i am about half way through the pile in terms of fit but there is still some excess skin on my belly. you can pull it out over the top of the jeans and it looks WEIRD. like this big skin flap... hope that's not too gross for yu... i try not to get too depressed about it and just wear more flattering things. i tell myself a baby used to live in there and it takes a while for skin to get back to where it was. it took a while to strtech out in the first place... and i keep at the pilates and keep my chin up... but i can see why peole get a tummy tuck as a quick fix :smile:

The same thing happened to me. I was bound and determined to get into my old jeans and used them as an indication of how much progress I had made. Keep it up! You don't need a tummy tuck...all will fall into place again. It took me 3 months but I starved myself and ran 6 days a week. Just telling the truth.
Sometimes I get annoyed when I hear celebrities say they lost their baby weight with "good old fashioned diet and exercise" because that is not always so. Losing baby weight takes a heck of a lot more determination than a normal diet routine.

Many years ago (before some of you were born, LOL), Calvin Klein jeans worn tight were all the rage. My roomie and I were in our early 20's, and our ritual before going out to the bars, parties, etc. was she had to lay on her bed, I stood over her, said "Suck it In!" and I would zip up her jeans. GAwd we still laugh about that.

Oh hell yeah I hafta do that too, LOL!

Muffin top blows. Call it newly 40-something but I used to have a flat tummy and teeny waist and it's now thickening up a la muffin top and the jeans which fit great (and still do in my butt and thighs) now have MT problem. So I have a couple looser, longer cashmere sweaters I wear with the jeans so you can't readily tell. Time for more gym!! :wlae: