You know you're a nail polish addict when...

When one your friends opens up a brand new bottle of polish you've only just received 30 minutes prior and you fuss at her for trying to use your polish before you at least get a chance to swatch it. :P

I'm like this with magazines. I hate it when someone spots my new Lucky or InStyle and they decide to rifle through it. I want to be the first to see the pictures!! :pout: (Weird, I know...)

Well I have a few to list ...

1. You ask BF/SO if they need to get anything at the pharmacy and if you can tag along so you can look for new colors/collections.

2. You hide your collection from friends and only tell those closest to you that won't judge that you have over 150 polishes and growing ....

3. You purposely have beauty exchanges with friends in hopes that they will bring NP they don't want. Then when you have the exchange again, you flat out ask your friends to bring NP and that you have already called it since you know no one else would want it.

4. You drive to 3-4 stores a night in search of specific colors/collections

5. You have dedicated a space to all things nail polish in your home/apartment.

6. The only time you enjoy using Excel is to track your NP collection.

I'm sure I'll be able to find more.

... when you go to Ulta at lunch to buy something specific, find Ulta brand polishes buy-2-get-2-free, also find some Ulta Professional polishes on clearance for $1.99, walk out of Ulta with 6 new bottles of nail polish--

--but FORGOT to pick up the item that you went there for.

(Just happened. Minutes ago.)

ITA....and how true!!!:smile:

-when you are waay too embarrased to show your collection to like, anyone... it happened to me, i thought i was being nice to my SIL by showing her my collection and letting her choose anything she wanted to use and she gave me a "youre nuts" expression.

-you lie about your ulta charges on your bill to your dh, vaguely saying that you got your hair cut, and it just grows too fast for anyone to notice.

1. Your fiance is the only one who has ever seen your polish collection.
2. You can look at a swatch online and instantly name the polish or name dupes.

yes. and when you do this for polish on other people. Especially without having seen said polish. Example:

One of the girls in the class I TA for was admiring another girl's nail polish, and asked what the name of the "pretty light blue polish" was. The other girl mumbled something about it being an Essie and I turn around from the chalk board to say "Oh, Coat Azure?"

Both girls look at me like I'm an alien. And yes, it was Essie Coat Azure.

-when you are waay too embarrased to show your collection to like, anyone... it happened to me, i thought i was being nice to my SIL by showing her my collection and letting her choose anything she wanted to use and she gave me a "youre nuts" expression.

-you lie about your ulta charges on your bill to your dh, vaguely saying that you got your hair cut, and it just grows too fast for anyone to notice.

This totally happened to me! We are just trying to share the love:P

... when the number of polishes untried DOUBLES the number you have tried. And yet you still buy more. :blush:

I agree! And in an effort to use more untried polishes, you start figuring out how many different colors you can wear at one time. I had a lot of greens and blues arrive at one time and ended up wearing them all on different fingers and toes since I couldn't wait to try them one at a time.

1. No longer able to truly share my collection with my friends because they will think I am insane.
  2. When your kids hear that you need to go the store, they immediately ask "to look for nail polish?"
  3. Even if I were to change my nail polish daily, it will still take over a year to get through them.
  4. When traveling, I look for nail polish related opportunities.