You know, I'm really starting to dig the new hardware. Anyone else?

I like the older hardware and tassels on the more classic and conservative colors / leathers, but for the funky colors I LOOOVE the new hardware (plus they are so much easier to use!:tup:)

I really wish they would put the tassels on the new hardware. I love that my "old" but new to me Matinee and MAB have the tassels but I really wish they had the new hardware too. Oh the problems we face..:upsidedown:

This season, they did away with the tassles and just have zipper pulls. It looks like the summer bags are the same. However, Rebecca did mention they would reappear again some time in the future. She just wanted to do something different for awhile.

I'll post pics of the old and new hardware directly in here for comparison:

(pics of Gung's MAM in wine and ruby)

Old Hardware:
38979520.jpg

In this picture you can see the tassles hanging off of the main zipper pull on the left side. It looks like the tassles for the front zipper are missing. The old hardware bags have either tassles or studded zipper pulls
cd4a490b.jpg

New Hardware:
d07d8e4d.jpg

The new bags have zipper pulls without the tassles
d6062234.jpg

I'll post pics of the old and new hardware directly in here for comparison:

(pics of Gung's MAM in wine and ruby)

Old Hardware:
38979520.jpg

In this picture you can see the tassles hanging off of the main zipper pull on the left side. It looks like the tassles for the front zipper are missing. The old hardware bags have either tassles or studded zipper pulls
cd4a490b.jpg

New Hardware:
d07d8e4d.jpg

The new bags have zipper pulls without the tassles
d6062234.jpg

you are wonderful...thank you for putting this together...

Overall, I just have to go with the old hardware. I love the look of the new hardware on my Tangy and Dusty MA's, but the old hardware has such a cool vintage look. I took my eggplant MAM out of its dustbag today because I was planning on selling it--- but I just can't do it!
The new bags are glamorous but I think the vintage look of the old-school RM has been lost.