Yikes! Fakes at Marshalls...

wow. If you go back there, take the bag to the manager and explain the problem. TJX's ad agency was one of my accounts when I was working. They actually take that stuff seriously. We did an entire campaign for them and the focus was teaching the public that Marshall's/TJ Max were legit stores, with current trends. They basically purchase overstocks, and abandoned orders.

Sohoaccessories and Olgabeauti - some of us don't live in Italy; TJ Maxx (and Marshalls) is the best placed to look for Italian brands... It's getting more and more important for me to find bags made in Italy, not China.

^^ We've only had Marshall's here a short time so I'm not sure what they have yet, but I go to Winners (sister company to TJ Maxx/Marshall's) often and have even seen the odd Burberry, Fendi and Versace bag there! They mix stuff in together so you are going through a rack of $30 bags and all of a sudden find a $1000 Burberry.

I found a coach python bag at Marshalls a few years ago marked down to 900.00. Stuck in there with 12.00 no names, you never know, and the Fendi sunglasses were laying on top off the display rack ready to fall off. If I go there 20 times and don't buy, it's worth the big hit, it happens, same at TJ', maybe even better there

We don't have TJ Maxx here (Winners), but I've been finding Marshall's has been kicking the bum-bum out of Winners when it comes to deals on shoes. Though Winners is still better for bags & clothes.

As for TJ & Marshall's being 'ghetto' (whatever that means) ... it's a discount store, you can't exactly expect top-notch, super-attentive service.

The TJMaxx near me is small and worse than the Marshalls. There are occasionally small racks of nicer things but there is so little to choose from which is weird because it's a huge store and the local Marshalls is packed and the mega giant Ross too. The bags are better now - when first went there were so few that were even leather.