Yes...another whiskey Edith

youngprof said:
That mark does look like some adhesive residue. Have you tried gently rubbing at it with your thumb (NOT scratching at it), to see if it rolls up and off at all? I had something like that on an MJ bag I bought once, and it came off when I rubbed at it; it seemed like it was a bit of adhesive from someone's hands perhaps (maybe the bag maker him or herself).

I tried again. Still not going anywhere. I have some of that stuff you use to remove adhesive, but I am pretty sure it's not great for leather. It has citrus oil in it.

ETenebris said:
I tried again. Still not going anywhere. I have some of that stuff you use to remove adhesive, but I am pretty sure it's not great for leather. It has citrus oil in it.

Noooooo - please don't try that stuff. I became desperate trying to remove some small stain once and tried one of them (Citri-Solve/De-solve-It - some citrus based remover) - let's just say that while those particular products remain favorites for removing residue from almost anything else, don't try them on leather! The result wasn't pretty and the poor bag was a goner.:sad2:

ET,

The bag looks absolutely fabulous and beautiful! Even with the little mark... not quite sure how they missed that. I missed my Fedex guy today since I was at work. I never have good luck with their delivery, so I expect to get it towards the end of the week.

Asides from that black mark... if RH has more bags and one ready for you, I'd send it back.

BalenciagaLove said:
ET,

The bag looks absolutely fabulous and beautiful! Even with the little mark... not quite sure how they missed that. I missed my Fedex guy today since I was at work. I never have good luck with their delivery, so I expect to get it towards the end of the week.

Asides from that black mark... if RH has more bags and one ready for you, I'd send it back.

That's the problem...they don't have any more and won't be getting another shipment until fall. AND no return policy (store credit/exchange only). <sigh>

I think I have discovered what the mark is, though. Since finding ANOTHER small mark on the inside of the handle down by where it attaches to the bag...it appears to be the same stuff that they "finish" the bag edges with. The stuff that they put on the raw edge to keep it from fraying. It is the same color, texture, and consistency. And it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Oooh... that bites.... Is it sticky and tacky? For gum, they recommend applying an ice-cube to it to freeze it and that it will come off easily. It's so hard to experiment with these bags because the last thing you want to do is make it worse.

What are they going to do to fix this situation?

Well, I sent them the pictures yesterday and I have not heard back. So I will give them until tomorrow and start calling again. Meanwhile, waiting for Jill's pics of the chamois color!

I would return it if it's not 100% perfect. It costs too much to compromise. Plus there are so many ladies selling their Edith's on this forum and at TFS - i'm sure you could buy an undamaged one from someone else!

I think it was Bijin who had the same stuff on her Choco Paddy and instead of sending back to LVR, I think she eventually opted to have it removed by a leather store?? Any of you ladies remember that? or on TFS - I seem to remember reading that (I lurk there from time to time, lol!).

Since you are on the fence with the bag as it is, I think you should return it for store credit and wait to see to new fall line if necessary - you might be on to something totally different by then, and they will probably bend over backwards to accommodate you!

SerenitySue said:
I think it was Bijin who had the same stuff on her Choco Paddy and instead of sending back to LVR, I think she eventually opted to have it removed by a leather store?? Any of you ladies remember that? or on TFS - I seem to remember reading that (I lurk there from time to time, lol!).

yes i did decide to keep it since LVR didn't have any more choc paddy nor a black pocket if i wanted to exchange it. i haven't had time to go to a leather restorer shop. i'm just happy to have it! isn't that crazy? the stain is hardly noticeable. in fact it only showed in the photo. i tried to photograph it again but it's not showing!
i showed it to a japanese friend of mine who OWNS a LOT of brand bags and without hesitation told me to keep it!

Reactions: Serenity Now
Yay! Good for you, Bijin! I'm glad you kept her and is no longer bothered by the stain. LVR doesn't have the best customer service and would be a pain to exchage even if they had any more left. I tried to order a choc paddy from them and it was a mess and a headache!

Have you used yours yet? The choc is beautiful:smile:)

SerenitySue said:
Yay! Good for you, Bijin! I'm glad you kept her and is no longer bothered by the stain. LVR doesn't have the best customer service and would be a pain to exchage even if they had any more left. I tried to order a choc paddy from them and it was a mess and a headache!

Have you used yours yet? The choc is beautiful:smile:)

no i haven't used it yet. we've had weird weather- a lot of rain when it should be cherry blossom season now! i'll take it out of the box and take pictures again to post.
they have good prices but like you said-it's more of a pain than a pleasant experience!