Yellowing - Do white bags turn yellow with time? How do you prevent this?

It looks like this. View attachment 5927406

Im afraid it would look like this in the long run if I keep it.

This is not a general yellowing. It's definitely a defect as it is only where the stitching is. I had this issue on a light grey bag as well as a beige/nude bag. I too got store credit, but not enough to buy a brand new bag due to price increase.

I have a white bag, light blue bag, light pink bag, all stored in the same way/area with no issues at all. So, it's clear that the bag is defective. Particularly with the 5 year warranty, you should get a refund for sure.

Reactions: Cali2HI
Just because your one bag is still snowy white does not mean that defects do not happen. To insinuate that people did something to their bags to have them yellow is pretty ridiculous.
I never insinuated that, I suggested for some, it’s possible. My comment was actually based on posts I’ve read over the years that people acknowledge that it could be from protectants, oils, sunscreens etc…. I never indicated all yellowing is due to the buyer’s faults.
In fact I listed many factors, there's TONS of variables imho, as I clearly stated :smile:
I’ve never treated my handbags at all, incidentally haven’t experienced discoloration, so I’ll likely continue to not treat.

My other comment about defects was because as long as I’ve been buying bags, everyone has complained about quality issues. 10 years ago I was reading the same posts posted today, but today people are still swearing that quality is declining…. just as consumers said 10 years ago.