Yellowing - Do white bags turn yellow with time? How do you prevent this?

My white Chanel caviar bowler I had turned a slight yellow and I only carried it for a few months, when I wore white you could really see the yellow color that is why I am very weary of buying any white Chanel handbags. I think I will stick with the darker colors.

Reactions: purselovah91
My white Chanel caviar bowler I had turned a slight yellow and I only carried it for a few months, when I wore white you could really see the yellow color that is why I am very weary of buying any white Chanel handbags. I think I will stick with the darker colors.

sorry about your bowler, and thanks for the warning. i guess no light colored bags for me, good thing i didn't buy the blush patent then.

I have a black patent Prada purse that never yellowed and it has to be more than a decade old. I carry it in bad weather because I don't care about it anymore.

I have black patent shoes that never changed. I don't think patent yellowing is a problem. It's the plastic (PVC) stuff that yellow and clouds over time, not patent... in my experience.

hmm thats weird.. did you use some parfum or something next to it or keys ?? because i dont think its from the wallet itself or is it?? if you look it as oxidation im really not sure how to take that out.. usually dirty spots on the white can be take off with some leather conditioning but im not sure about this one.

I know some of you ladies here own a white/light patent Chanel bag. Anyone know when a white/light Chanel patent bag will turn yellow? (in how many months or yrs?) Do you have any personal experience? How can I tell if the clothes that I am wearing won't transfer colors onto the bag? How can I tell? Anyone have any tips? Thanks :heart:

I don't like patent especially white because they usually turn yellow after a while... e.g. LV vernis bags... that usually happen in a year or two... depends on usage and exposure to sun

Thanks xegbl! I can't believe the white patent turns yellow so fast. This is completely off topic, but the baby your profile picture looks so cute with the furry cap on. :P

Reactions: skylimit