Yellow goyard bags

I am by no means an expert but when I was in Barneys BH yesterday there was a huge difference in the appearance of various yellow bags. Could be the difference between new and old patterns as yokie pointed out, but basically the "darker" yellow looks like the artist went really heavy with the black like in rvi101's second pic in post #5 above. They had a Fidji that looked like that, but they also had other yellow pieces that looked more similar to scholastican's St Louis.

^ I think what you were seeing was most likely the difference in the black and white painted chevrons, but it's true that sometimes the color itself seems different. I chatted with the SA about this in Barney's NY last weekend and she said that because they make the paint in smaller batches, there's sometimes a discrepancy in the actual base color. I hope this helps!

Sorry to be dense but I'm a newb :confused1: What is the difference between the black and white chevrons? In the pics I've seen, all yellow bags appear to have white at the top, black on the left, and gray on the right.

This closeup pic is from jackietong's thread on her new yellow GM. Is this black or white?

DSCI0252.jpg

I am by no means an expert but when I was in Barneys BH yesterday there was a huge difference in the appearance of various yellow bags. Could be the difference between new and old patterns as yokie pointed out, but basically the "darker" yellow looks like the artist went really heavy with the black like in rvi101's second pic in post #5 above. They had a Fidji that looked like that, but they also had other yellow pieces that looked more similar to scholastican's St Louis.

Balihai and I were actually holding up various yellows and comparing them to each other for quite awhile. But it wasn't just yellow. We also noticed a difference (although not as drastic) in some of the orange bags and also the white bags (which don't have any black). It really looked like the paint was just tons thicker, especially on that yellow Fidji, which looked like a bumblebee.