wrong bag billed to friend-she wants to keep

The problem is that it means someone else received the bag she ordered and got charged for the one she got, it's a lot of hassle for the person who received a bag worth less.

However,
If the store don't call you then it's your prerogative to keep the item. An exchange has been made and people are being paid to send out the correct orders.
By law you are well within your rights to keep the item and not pay the extra, the store would have to (to make up the funds).

I'd say keep the bag and wait for a call, if she calls them it'll be so much useless hassle when they probably haven't even noticed.

My mind would tell me.. keep the bag its more expensive then the other bag..BUT my guilty conscience will force myself to bring it back as this is the right thing afterall. I would suggest for her to take it back and let them know about the mistake. Its stealing!

my ex ordered some electronics from a large company for £50, they sent him something worth £500 in a similar mix up. His conscience ate away at him and he called and explained that they had mixed up orders, they let him keep it as it was their mistake. If I was in your friends situation, I would have to return it otherwise every time I looked at it I feel dishonest.

I'd probably just keep the bag rather than going throught the hassle of trying to explain it to someone over the phone! Finders keepers! their error!

I've been thinking about this alot and have changed my mind. I think the guilt would eat at me, I think I'd phone and just tell them the wrong bag had been delivered but I want to keep it thanks!

The problem is that it means someone else received the bag she ordered and got charged for the one she got, it's a lot of hassle for the person who received a bag worth less.

However,
If the store don't call you then it's your prerogative to keep the item. An exchange has been made and people are being paid to send out the correct orders.
By law you are well within your rights to keep the item and not pay the extra, the store would have to (to make up the funds).

I'd say keep the bag and wait for a call, if she calls them it'll be so much useless hassle when they probably haven't even noticed.
My friend was charged for a bag that she ordered. someone else was sharged for a bag she didn't get, and will probably return it(b/c her bag was more expensive)
A mutual friend of ours told her , its the company's lost. He has a warehouse of building material that when they fill an order if they send the wrong thing or more than the customer wanted, its their lost-so he tells employees to be careful..
I'm sure things like that happen to people all the time-receiving products that they didn't order but a little extra.......
I would keep and wait for a call -which in a large warehouse would not get noticed til inventory and then -where did it go if they ship unlimited number of orders daily?
Like i said -those things doin't happen to me............

well if you fellow PF'S REMEMBER, MY FRIEND WAS SENT A BAG SHE DIDN'T ORDER THaT COSTS MORE. (same bag name she ordered, wrong style)She decided to keep it and FYI , HER CONSCOIUS WAS GETTING THE BETTER OF HER TIL SHE READ INFO FROM THE Federal Trade Commission stating that "if you recieve merchandise you didn't order, federal law says you can consider it a gift. You can't be forced to pay for the item or return it"
That ends her 'guilt'- what luck........
she did pay for less expensive bag.

Interesting that you posted this now! My daughter ordered a pair of Louboutin pumps from Neimans and she received them last week. Then 2 days ago she received another identical pair. The invoice/receipt was identical. She took the 2nd pair back to NM and since they couldn't identify the shipping of the 2nd pair, she was told by a Manager to keep them! Holy cow!

So my daughter, who has the biggest heart ever, is selling them on ebay and she plans to donate all the money from them to the local animal shelter here.