Wrecked my Lockit-can anyone help me out?

BrodiesLVMama

What are you waiting for?
Jun 3, 2006
I just fell on wet leaves in my driveway. Landed right on top of my Lockit. After brushing the mud off of me and realizing I tore a hole in the knee of my pants, I looked at my bag and saw it covered in mud and soaked. I ran in, grabbed the baby wipes and saddle soap and have been at it for 20 minutes. All mud is off, there are scratches all over the bag but not real bad (except for a dig in one handle). The big problem that I need help with is that I bent the bottom in half and have a line going through it (where my fat behind must have crushed it) and now that it's all cleaned off, there is a dark mark and it almost looks torn on a corner and along the whole bottom from one side to another. I am thinking that it won't look as bad if it gets to a very dark patina but is there anything I can do in the meantime (it's only a couple of weeks old and far from a dark patina)? It still has to dry out the rest of the way but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

OMG! SO SORRY! I am sure it will eventually be ok but as I dont fully understand how it got ruined (I mean I can't really imagine what it looks like.) But it it keeps bothering you take it to LVand ask 2 c what they can do. are u able to post a pic?

I hope you are OK!!!!
The bag probably won't look as bad once it dries. If there are any spots that are dryer than others then it may be a good idea to get them equally wet. I noticed that water on the entire bag leaves even color & water spots are far more noticable.
keep youself safe & good luck with the bag.

I am so sorry to hear what happened. Yesterday, My Sac a Dos Bosphore got wet in the rain. I immediately wipe her down when I got inside my car. Why is it a bag that nearly cost $1200 ,cannot get wet without "bleeding ". colors?
:crybaby:

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that. At least your okay, but I know you are probably really upset about your new bag. Because it is so new, you could just get the really damaged leather replaced and you would not have to worry about it not matching the patina of the other leather like you would with an older bag. I agree that some photos might help people come up with advice.

Oh no! I would want to cry. I'm very sorry to hear about your lovely bag. Take it to LV and explain, I am sure they will be able to help you out.:flowers: