Would you wear a shoe that is a full size too big?

I know there are various opinions on this - but my experience is that I bought the purple suede rolandos in a 38.5 which is my size. I have worn them about 4 times and they have stretched so much that I now have trouble even keeping them on my feet. Ive put 1/2 insoles in them but i'm going to have to buy full insoles and hope they help.

They stretched pretty quickly too! - Maybe you could wear the smaller size around the carpeted areas of your house for a few hours and see if they stretch to a comfortable fit!?!

I have to agree with the girls who has given the advice to return both pairs...get your money back and keep looking for the the shoes in your size, 38 1/2 will always hurt you and you'll end up hating them and too big is no better..

I buy a lot of shoes online, as the selection where I live is terrible..sometimes I end up with a size that doesn't really fit and talk myself into keeping them; the cobbler will stretch them, they'll stretch with time, they're not that big..all a lot of rubbish, my best friend is half a size smaller, she ends up with a lot of good shoes, LOL

I'd return them both..if thats not an option then keep the 40s! Nothing worse than a shoe thats too small.
...or too big. You'll look disproportional wearing shoes one whole size bigger not to mention how impossibly uncomfortable it will be walking in high heels that don't fit. Gotta look nothing less but gorgeous wearing those.
Get rid of them and get another shoes. There is always TDF pair waiting for you. :yes: