Would you tell a friend her bag is fake?

I think some bags you really need to be up close and take a good look at (the little details of the hardware, the lining, etc.) but I'm not doing this in public so the ones I saw were super obvious. I can't tell you how many I saw with this emblem:

ehzyif.jpg

I saw it on a lot of cross body bags and a few handbags. In addition to that, the cross bodies that I saw all had the MK lettering on the material but the colors were off. The lettering looked faint/faded compared to what it would look like on an authentic bag.
I also saw a fake studded/quilted N/S Hamilton. The lock was way off and the chains on the handle were too small and flimsy looking.
So, yesterday's shopping trip was a flop in terms of finding what I had set out for, but I did have fun looking at everyone's bags lol

I've seen so many bags lately with this hardware :/

Thank you. I've been seeing a lot of bags with this emblem and I thought they were fake. However, I wasn't sure if it was an outlet bag or not since I've never been to one...... :smile:

No, it's definitely not an outlet emblem. It just looks cheap, and usually the bags that they're on look cheap themselves so it's obvious.
It's so funny because now that my eyes have been opened to it, I can't stop noticing lol

I've seen so many bags lately with this hardware :/

Me too, now that I'm paying attention! Definitely shocking. I can't help but wonder if some of them even know that they're not carrying an authentic bag or they do know and just don't care. I know that some MK bags can be pricey but I would rather save up or find something else before I carry a fake.

Me too, now that I'm paying attention! Definitely shocking. I can't help but wonder if some of them even know that they're not carrying an authentic bag or they do know and just don't care. I know that some MK bags can be pricey but I would rather save up or find something else before I carry a fake.
I use instagram ( a picture app for your phone) and sometimes I look up Michael Kors to see pics of purses people post, and you wouldn't believe how many fake ones I see on there ! And most of the time the people who post it are flaunting it like it is real ! I just bite my tongue lol

I use instagram ( a picture app for your phone) and sometimes I look up Michael Kors to see pics of purses people post, and you wouldn't believe how many fake ones I see on there ! And most of the time the people who post it are flaunting it like it is real ! I just bite my tongue lol

I've seen the same thing on instagram! It reminds me of this post because sometimes people post that they're gifts from boyfriends or family and they seem so excited about it :-s

I know !! Maybe they just aren't familiar enough with the brand..

That's definitely possible. Even though I heard of the brand through Project Runway, I just recently got into MK bags when I fell in love with the E/W Hamilton. I didn't really learn about the other styles and what to look for in an authentic bag until I joined this forum.

That's definitely possible. Even though I heard of the brand through Project Runway, I just recently got into MK bags when I fell in love with the E/W Hamilton. I didn't really learn about the other styles and what to look for in an authentic bag until I joined this forum.
same here ! Now I find myself constantly looking to spot a fake lol

They sell a TON of these on eBay. Especially in the luggage and black colors. Idk how they can get away with selling these blatant copies! :sad:

I don't know how they do it either, but I cringe whenever there are bids on fake items... I always hope that the buyers are aware that they're not getting an authentic bag.