Would you pay this much for this bag?

I would seriously think about it...

Reasons...
I love, love ebene...and love, love clemence...

And...
The ebene clemence swatch was out of the leather book at my H store for July 07 podium orders...closest colors/leathers were chocolate togo and cafe clemence...

I think this is now a rather difficult to find combination...

I would seriously think about it...

Reasons...
I love, love ebene...and love, love clemence...

And...
The ebene clemence swatch was out of the leather book at my H store for July 07 podium orders...closest colors/leathers were chocolate togo and cafe clemence...

I think this is now a rather difficult to find combination...

See, that's what I was thinking too....I could possibly talk her down to just about retail, but still. I'm kind of nervous about springing TWO Birkins on DH in such a short period of time! Maybe if I buy it and tell him I'm going to sell it, and then just, um, forget to sell it?? :okay:

Hmm. And here is a chocolate version, preowned, asking even MORE.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pre-Owned-Fabul...9QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's not ebene, it's not clemence, and that is a very reasonable price for ebay listing. I looked at all birkins on ebay and very little was coming in at $7K. I must be very nice to HK so she will tell me who on earth sold her a 2 year old ebene birkin for $6K. You listening Hebe? PM me. We have to make arrangements for early August.

Carol I promise I will bring those beauties:smile: will you bring your Lizard Kelly?

The ebene went a little over 7000 (didn't need to pay taxes) so not quite 6000, but still good I think and it was seriously brand new, plastic still on the hardware, no signs of any wear and yes I will tell you... psst I have something new coming up soon...

The lizard is in Claude's loving hands. I won't have it back for at least a month. I think you got a great price for a great looking bag that is like new. I've seen the pics. Your ebene is fabulous. I can't wait to see your *something new.* I have a suspicion, but ... well, I'll wait and see. When exactly will we see it? :yahoo: I'm fast approaching the time when I'm going to stop buying and just sit back and watch all the other delicious goodies on parade. :popcorn:

Carol I promise I will bring those beauties:smile: will you bring your Lizard Kelly?

The ebene went a little over 7000 (didn't need to pay taxes) so not quite 6000, but still good I think and it was seriously brand new, plastic still on the hardware, no signs of any wear and yes I will tell you... psst I have something new coming up soon...

oooh that's too bad, I will have to come back for that another time, I would love to see that beauty. I know the feeling, taking it slowly.... this new bag is coming in a couple days and then there is still something in the pipeline... and that will be it for me for a long while too.. just enjoying what we have.... and watch all the beauties here :smile:

nyfashionexpert's bag is a J stamped. It's barely a year old. The asking price does not surprise.
True, it's newer. But the one in the resale shop has seriously probably only been carried a handful of times, so to me there's barely a difference (other than the fact that the one near me is actually Ebene).
This is a tough decision--and one which will probably end in my not buying any of them for now. :s

HK, you're right. I am seriously thinking of asking her to lower the price...and to take some of my unused jewelry in for consignment in addition, to help me offset the expense. I really DO want this bag--I think about it all the time! The thing is, I really don't have the ready cash available to just buy it, and I try really hard not to carry credit card debt. That's my real dilemma here.

Plus, I kind of feel bad, like I'm being greedy, because my hubby has said that I can buy a new one as soon as I find the right bag. I don't want him to think that his gift is not enough! He once got me a generous gift certificate to my favorite shoe boutique, and I saved it until I knew they were having their annual sale. At the sale, I was able to get four pairs of shoes, and I was thrilled until he found out that I had to supplement the gift certificate a bit. He was hurt because he felt like it implied that his gift was somehow too small.:sad:

And if you ladies can't tell by now, YES I can be cheap! Ahem, frugal. If you call call buying bags worth thousands frugal. You know what I mean! I don't like to spend more than necessary to get what I want.

It's a hard one... you don't want to upset your DH, may I ask you mentioned you could get a new bag as soon as you saw the right one, did that already happen? if not that makes things easy... if it did... I don't know... how will you go around and not hurt his feeling?