Would you pay full price (or close) for a bag you love?

If I really wanted the bag, I'd pay full price, especially if I'm buying it directly from the designer. They need our support, you know.

This is my thinking as well. I have purchased a couple HH things at full price, and gotten some great deals at sales.

It comes down to cost per wear for me. The perfect everyday bag is going to work out to be a relative bargain, even at full price. Things I think I'll use only once in awhile, I'll wait for a sale.

And I try not get too grumpy if something I paid full price for later goes on sale, even if it is just a few days later. (Yes, this has happened.)

I think it depends on how badly you want the bag and how much chance there is of it selling out. If I really have to have a bag -- like I'll die without it -- I might buy it at full price. Although if it's from a store or site that has frequent promos I might try to wait till I can at least get a nominal 20% off. If I could be happy with something else, I'll wait for it to go on sale at a larger discount and just keep my eye on it.

I've noticed the more willing I am to go without something, the better deal I get on it because I'm willing to wait. Unfortunately, I often have a hard time with this...:shame:

I would pay full price for a bag that I loved and would use often. But if it is a bag that I will only wear with a few outfits and wouldn't use often then I would try to find it on sale. By the way, I love my vcp havana and would have paid more for it than I did in the Santa Sale. It is definitely worth it!

I just paid $250.00 for the ICP havana at Piperlime. More than my recent purchases, but still a good price for the bag. I would have to really love (can't live without) a bag to pay full price. Luckily, HH has such great sales!

This is my thinking as well. I have purchased a couple HH things at full price, and gotten some great deals at sales.

It comes down to cost per wear for me. The perfect everyday bag is going to work out to be a relative bargain, even at full price. Things I think I'll use only once in awhile, I'll wait for a sale.

And I try not get too grumpy if something I paid full price for later goes on sale, even if it is just a few days later. (Yes, this has happened.)

I'd say "ditto" to everything you wrote, nomoreroom. And I don't expect a price adjustment or get upset either when something goes on sale later. That's the price I pay to be sure I get what I want.

Sigh....I wish I could pay full price for a bag that I lusted after but it just isn't in the cards for me at the moment. When I was younger I did, every once in a while, but most of my bags were vintage finds and in those days, even coveted names were less expensive. I don't condemn anyone who can or will do this, I just can't. Especially at this point in time, when I know that due to the economy things go on sale very quickly.

But even though I do wait for sales, it doesn't mean I will wait for something to hit rock bottom either..I have no regrets buying my Goldrush Mercer for what I did I enjoy it and get pleasure out of using it and thanks to HH I have a number of lovlies that make me very happy...and another designer allowed newbies to purchase something at 40% off so I was able to add a brand spanking new something to my collection.

So I guess I am a hardcore wait for a sale shopper.

I am seriously tempted by some of the Spring '09 things but am going to wait and see what happens.

I love a good value. Bottom line. If I'm going to wear something out, then I can have it. But if it's only getting a little use, than it needs to be heavily discounted. Case in point, I never bought Uggs when I lived in the SF Bay area. I just never needed them or wanted them that bad or thought I'd wear them much. When I moved to Tahoe, I got a pair as a gift and literally WORE them out. I have a bunch now, because I know they are going to get used. Like every day!

Sometimes it's hard to tell until you get something how much use it's going to get though. I am going to have to work on that...

I am a hardcore sale shopper, and many of my bags are ones that I would not have bought if not for the discount, BUT, those sale prices enabled me to find bags that I would quite willingly pay full price for. When Toni gets it together to produce bespoke bags, I will be in line for a special Ana.

I tend to buy things mostly at full cost. I decide what I want at the beginning of the season, budget for it at what it would cost at full price, and just buy it as the money becomes available (I rarely use credit). If there's a sale going on at the time, then that's even better, but the money has already been allocated...

Of course, I'd prefer to buy everything on sale, but it doesn't work that way all the time. I was lucky because I wanted a trophy and planned on getting it after XMas, which coincided perfectly with all these crazy sales.

If anything, I avoid sales because I end up buying a bunch of stuff that I didn't want all that badly. At least when I prepare for the seasons this way, I can be discriminant about every purchase and not be super-impulsive, which is one of my worst qualities (ack!).

Also, I tend to shop locally or with smaller companies (like HH), and I know those stores are hurting. Not that my pockets are full of cash (quite the opposite) but I feel like if I buy something at retail, at least it's going to the right place. Does that make any sense?

Basically, this whole system makes me not go broke, though I rarely get the deals that would save me money. Counter-intuitive, I know, but whatever...it works for me!

avp, this makes so much sense to me, and I used to be that way too. Then the HH sales came along and I went a little bit bananas. Have ended up with some lovely bags that I will never use and so am trying to lighten up a bit. Lesson learned: the bags I really wanted and paid almost full price for I still love and I wasn't upset when they went on sale for about a third of what I paid (I just bought them for friends and family, then).

I bought a Pilot at full price, not much I know but still...Out of all the HH that I've had, this little beauty is the only piece that I didn't score for a fab sale price.

I haven't bought anything at full price from HH yet, but I've been incredibly lucky with their sales (both a black and a VP Havana were scored that way). But if I thought I would love the bag forever, I think I'd go for it, if I wasn't in school and had more bag buying funds. But by waiting for sales I've gotten every bag I wanted, and been able to get 4 more bags for almost the full price of 1.