Would you keep or return this reissue?

I assume this bothers you since you've even started a thread on this - if you're not happy with the bag why keep it? Other people's opinion doesn't matter. Even if the dot is SO small others can't see it, but YOU know it's there ;)

If it bugs you then return it. That's a lot of money to settle on something you're not truly 100% happy with.

Flyboy2 said:
well first I am going to hold my tongue and be good, well there are several things that come to mind.

1. you had to take a very close picture and blow it up to see it so I am guessing if someone (other then you) looked at the bag probably wouldn't notice it. I would keep it because it adds a little charm to the bag.
2. You did spend a great deal of money on the bag, (just saying that sentence) I would say take it back as you should get what you paid for. Although and this is where I am going to be good. If everyone did that with everything they owned prices would go so high up people wouldn't be able to afford anything. But I digress, if it is bothering you that much return it and get another one.
3. What is to say if you did return it, get a new one (with out the flaw) that something like this might not happen down the road?

4. It all comes down to what you want to do, it seems like you have given it thought and by putting it on here that you are not happy with the bag having the small hole in it, so I say take it back and get the bag that makes you happy. :smile:

Good luck and I am sure you will love the next bag more then this one.

Thanks thanks flyboy2. I appreciate the honest reply and seeing all the responses have further helped me decide to keep the bag which was what I was leaning towards :smile: I was curious why that dot is there and hoping someone knew (altho my guess is maybe they missed a spot when adding the gold paint) but it's tiny as u said.

blackquilt said:
I would keep it. I'm extremely picky, and I could barely see the dot, and that picture was very close up!:smile:

Thanks thanks black quilt. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll go ahead and keep it :smile:

vagabag said:
from those pics, the dot looks very small but maybe you can post a shot of the entire bag and we can see if it's prominent? i will say though that if it bothers you, return it because the dot will never go away and you will always know it's there.

Thanks vagabag, sure will do later but seeing all the replies def helped and made me realise that i am good with keeping the bag :smile:

Serva1 said:
Accepting the imperfect LV was an exception of my rule "Perfect items when paying normal price"

Lol. Thanks serva for sharing your story. I think ur right. I was focusing too much on the price equating to quality but the question is more whether I like the bag enough to keep it regardless and I think I do :smile:

Lynnueno said:
It's miniscule. I say keep it.

Thanks Lynnueno. I think I will :biggrin:

LV Bags Lover said:
It looks more like a dent than a dark dot... Correct me if I am wrong. :smile:

Thanks LV Bags Lover. Actually that's partly why I posted on this forum. Wanted to see if anyone had seen similar on theirs or knows what it is coz I can't tell. I don't think it's a dent or scratch but maybe a spot missed when they were adding the gold paint? :wondering:

*bubs said:
Can we see a picture of the bag at a further view. Just to see if its noticeable. If it really bothers you as it is at the front of the flap, return it as your the one wholl be seeing it each time you use it. If it were me, depending on the visibility of it on a not so close up view, Id probably keep it :smile:

beachy10 said:
I would keep it. Would love to see a picture of the entire bag.

Thanks bubs and beachy10. Sure I will do that later but looking at the pics so far myself, it really does seem even tinier so i will just keep the bag. Seeing the replies does help too so thanks for taking the time to share ur views :biggrin:

cherrycookies said:
ok, i would only keep it if i don't notice it but now that you do, i think it's going to bother you so i say, exchange it.

Thanks cherrycookies. Actually seeing all the replies made me realise I'm actually still good with keeping. I am still curious as to why its there tho (my guess is unpainted spot) but I guess I may never know for sure :P

ameliestreasure said:
If it bothers you do NOT keep... You have to be happy with your purchase! GL!

Thanks ameliestreasure. That's very true but I think I've realised that I'm actually ok with it. Still curious tho :P

kisenian said:
i would keep it as well - i think every bag will have some kind of flaw if you examine it very closely. if it does bother you, i would see if the SA can find you another one.

Thanks kisenian. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think ur right and will go ahead to keep. What u said is very true and i think i was too focused on thinking given all the price increases, quality should be just as high but end of day it's how much I still like it despite the flaws :P

tutushopper said:
From the reveal that you did of the bag, i didn't notice this spot at all. It really is tiny, and looks to be a function of the leather more than a "hole," but I am not looking at the bag directly as you are. I think especially with the reissues, the distressed look does make each bag unique, so they are not going to be totally uniform. If it were me, I'd be fine with it, but it's your bag, so you need to do what makes you happy.

Thanks tutushopper. Thanks for taking the time to reply :smile: The spot is a bit central but ur right it is tiny so think I'm good with keeping. I actually don't know what it is tho coz it doesn't look like a hole, my guess is maybe they missed the gold paint there :wondering:

erinrose said:
I would keep it, it´s too small to make a return I think. Eventhough it is Chanel, nothing is absolut perfect and you have a gorgeous bag!

Thanks erinrose. That's very true and reading all the thoughtful replies have made me realise I am ok keeping it :biggrin:

Keep it. It's normal for the distressed leather to have what is seem to be imperfection? My reissue has this too. I think its part of the leather. It's noticeable more on the lighter color. That's all. Enjoy the bag!

karman said:

Thanks. Have decided to do so :smile:

jessicalove said:
I assume this bothers you since you've even started a thread on this - if you're not happy with the bag why keep it? Other people's opinion doesn't matter. Even if the dot is SO small others can't see it, but YOU know it's there ;)

If it bugs you then return it. That's a lot of money to settle on something you're not truly 100% happy with.

Thanks jessicalove. I was leaning more towards keeping and seeing everyone's replies further helped that. I still love the bag so I'm good with it :biggrin:

Thanks. Have decided to do so :smile:

Thanks jessicalove. I was leaning more towards keeping and seeing everyone's replies further helped that. I still love the bag so I'm good with it :biggrin:

I'm so glad you are keeping it, as it really is a stunning bag that you won't see coming and going. This color gold is just so refreshing and elegant at the same time. Enjoy!

Chanbal said:
It such a gorgeous bag, keeping it seems to be the right decision. Congrats!

Thanks Chanbal. I think it's the right decision too :biggrin:

Pandada said:
Keep it. It's normal for the distressed leather to have what is seem to be imperfection? My reissue has this too. I think its part of the leather. It's noticeable more on the lighter color. That's all. Enjoy the bag!

Thanks Pandada. Thanks for taking the time to reply. That's very reassuring to hear :biggrin: I will go ahead and enjoy it :smile:

^this. I've seen this on a quite a few reissues and it seems to be perfectly normal for the distressed calfskin. I'm glad you decided to keep it!