Would you ever get a Chanel tattoo?

Crass and tacky. I don't really "get" tattoos to begin with but having some brand's logo permenantly put on your body? Yuck. What happens if you start disliking the brand or what happens when you're 50 and it is no longer cool? I kind of understand getting a personal design that has special meaning to you but a logo? This is going to sound terrible but if I saw someone with that and it was real, I'd probably start referring to them as "knockoff"... :Push:

Crass and tacky. I don't really "get" tattoos to begin with but having some brand's logo permenantly put on your body? Yuck. What happens if you start disliking the brand or what happens when you're 50 and it is no longer cool? I kind of understand getting a personal design that has special meaning to you but a logo? This is going to sound terrible but if I saw someone with that and it was real, I'd probably start referring to them as "knockoff"... :Push:
Exactly! Surely putting the name on something which isn't made by Chanel just makes it a fake?!

That car is AWFUL btw! Reminds me of the "Gucci" Hummer limo that drives around Glasgow with screaming 15 year old girls hanging out the window, ugh!

Definitely tacky. It's a cute idea for a TEMPORARY tattoo, as someone else said, for Halloween or something.. Permanent? Definitely not.

Someone asked me before if I would get a Chanel tattoo because I love the brand so much, but tattoos are so permanent and so personal that I would want something a little less superficial in meaning. Just my 2 cents.

I would seriously consider getting a really nice camellia design done because I love them! That's much more subtle.

I just don't think tattoos are classy... especially when its of the Chanel logo. Its like being branded with a fake. I think the tattoo looks good on the model for Chanel makeup but other then that, its not for me!!

I wouldn't get a CC tat. If I really loved a logo and loved a product, I would consider getting it though. Anyways, tons of people get mickey mouse tattoos!

I don't see anything wrong with it if it's tasteful. Something cute. That picture of the guy is sort of ugly. It's just a poorly placed tattoo, way too large, and why did he need the circle?

very trashy.
but im young. and i ive been wanting a tattoo on my middle finger in white.
a simple CC would do it.
my last name is casanova and i think it justifies the CC's LOLOL. i dont even know if i make sense.

Don't. :yucky: I've always thought that brand tattoos are a way to call out for attention in the most desperate of ways. You'll look much more 'authentic' with the latest Chanel bag on your arm, or Chanel jewelry on, than you'll look with the Chanel tattoo. For the record, I'm not against tattoos. My husband has a couple hidden away under his suit from his college days but a brand tattoo is way oooo much and will make you look obsessed with the brand in a negative way. Why 'brand' the CC onto your skin?

I came across this photo in the AOL news feed and thought I should post it...I'm not sure if it's a permanent tattoo, but someone really loves Chanel!:P

Attachments

• chanel tat.jpg
    chanel tat.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 1,225