Would you ever get a Chanel tattoo?

Dec 2, 2005
I was browing images online and came upon this pic:

It reminded me of this Chanel ad, which I liked:

What do you think of Chanel tattoos?
- Chic or crass?
- Unabashed statement of your point of view, or ironic commentary of the impart of commercialization on our culture?

I'm currently in :heart: with this necklace, and I definitely think it's lovely:

But the tattoo made me worry where the line is between my dream necklace and this:

Any thoughts or advice? :smile:

shockboogie

I see ORANGE!
Dec 29, 2007
Manila/Michigan
I love tattoos but I dont think it's a good idea to have a luxury brand tattooed on you, IMO. I just think it's kind of too trying hard... but maybe not as bad as that car. That car is just straight up ghetto...:smile:

The necklace is really pretty though:smile:

Jun 3, 2006
I don't really like tattoos on myself but some do look good on other people. Having a brand tattoo on you doesn't really work IMO, although i have seen the Michael Jordan jump man on a few people which doesn't look too bad.
If i was the CEO of chanel maybe?????????????

Apr 7, 2007
A girl I knew in high school did..in between the space of her pointer and middle finger ON the side of her middle finger. does that make any sense? Anyway, I thought it was cute but a little :weird:

DD101

O.G.
Aug 29, 2007
On the hunt.....
Hate it on the guy, on the girl it looks drawn on, on the car it looks trashy, on the necklace I love it!

I would never get a tattoo of a brand, it looks tacky IMO.

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
Definitely crass- the woman's in the ad is obviously drawn on and more of an artistic interpretation rather than a logoed, show-offy one.

FijiBuni

STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY!
Aug 25, 2006
From here you can't see me stare
I think it'd be cute but something that isn't showing to the whole world or too big? I don't see a problem?!?!?! People get silly things tattooed on them why not the chanel symbol... it'd be cute if you have the intials CC then it would make more sense to have it