Would you ever check your LV LUGGAGE when flying SWA?

only if u really dont care how ur bag is treated...... but for me- no--- i have a few great lv carry on's ---- there are a few u can choose from, and get a really good strong- "dont- care- if-it- gets- run -over - check- in- luggage- peice."

but then again - mu gf- has always used hers.... checked in and doesnt care...

no i wouldn't!
not after what i saw at the airport in rome..:l a suitcase was on the flour outside and busses where just passing by, no one of the airport picked the bag up
imagine if that is your lv luggage :l

I travel a lot for work also. I am in Europe about 2 weeks of every month. In my experience I would not check an LV bag. I have 2 beautiful Tumi luggage bags that just get thrashed and those things cost me $600-$800. But the thing is, Tumi is made tough to get trashed, whereas LV is not.

If you are a business traveler, I highly reccommend investing in nice quality luggage like Tumi. Cheap luggage does not cut it when you travel as much as I do.

Hell no.... please don't, The LV logo will change to "Please Steal Me" lol
Plus the bag handlers treat luggage like crap, even worse when its a brand... If its a carry on, then its no problem....

Not a chance! I don't even put my LV handbags in my check-in luggage. I always carry those in my carry-on hand luggage.
Recently, I saw 3 HUGE pieces of LV luggage going round and round on a luggage carousel long after everybody else had picked theirs up. I couldn't believe it....I commented to my husband how I bet if that wasn't picked up within the next few minutes by the owner, then it would disappear. I had a sinking feeling that it was on there by mistake(off loaded when it should have gone on to a connecter) and couldn't help but wonder if it was ever going to make it to it's rightful owner.

I have checked in and carried on my Damier Pegase over 20 times since I've owned it and its in GREAT condition. But be careful with SWA, if you don't arrive early there is a greater chance your luggage will not make it on the plane with you and you'll have to wait for the next flight to come in and deliver it!

Please DON'T check your LV luggage.

I used to work at a boutique in LA and had some clients who were pretty $$$$$. One of my regulars had just went on a vacation and was FORCED to check in her small Pegase, even though they usually let her use it as carry on. She was due to arrive for a wedding, and just went along with it because she couldn't be delayed, and was assured that it would be ok. -BTW, she was flying first class.

Long story short, she got her suitcase stolen, AND everything in it. -which was most notably 2 Balenciaga Bbags, 3 pairs of Manolos and Jimmy Choos, and her cosmetics.

The airline only offered her $800 for her stolen suitcase. -which doesn't even cover the price of 1 pair of her shoes that she lost, let alone the actual suitcase.

So PLEASE be careful, and DON'T check your LV luggage. -It's just an invitation to get it opened, if not stolen as a whole. She told me that if you're willing to have a suitcase worth 1500+, it probably contains even nicer things inside and that the crooks are aware of this.