Would you buy a pre-loved Neverfull to save a few hundred $?

Fashion412

Jul 2, 2017
Hello all!

I am looking to get my first Neverfull (MM size in damier ebene) - which admittedly is a little sad, considering how great the bag is and I should've gotten one for work a long time ago - but I wanted to get your thoughts on getting one on a resale site vs. in the store. The reason I am considering this is that I truly want a Givenchy Antigona or a Fendi Peekaboo bag this fall, but really need a Neverfull for work, so I'm trying to get both, while being (somewhat) reasonable in my spending. Given Neverfulls are so durable and popular, I thought maybe I could find one for ~$1,000 and use the extra $300-400 towards the other brand of bag I would like to get.

Has anyone gotten their Neverfulls preloved and thought it was just as good as buying in store?

Thank you for your feedback!

Have you ever bought a preloved bag? That's a very important beginning question, because you need to know your tolerance for preowned. Not everyone enjoys a bag with evidence of someone else, whether it's minor like the leather having changed over time or more obvious things like a stain or discoloration. If you haven't bought preowned before, spending $1K is a steep amount if there's a chance you'd be unhappy.

The other factor is, of course, authenticity, meaning you bear a huge burden of proof to be sure you've bought a true LV. None of this is a problem when buying new from the boutique.

What kind of condition you're willing to accept with a pre-loved bag is definitely a huge factor. My struggle with pre-loved is I always want like new for a moderately used price. That might explain why I only have one pre-loved bag.

But there are plenty of sites that guarantee authenticity on their bags. If you buy from ebay or Poshmark or other sites that leave it to you to authenticate your own bags, then yes, you need to do that. But there are sites like Tradesy and Yoogi's Closet that authenticate for you.

If you can be patient, I bet you can find a pretty good deal on a preloved Neverfull.

I feel like the pre-owned Neverfulls I've seen aren't even at that much of a discount compared to retail. They're one of the bags that tends to hold value fairly well, if they are in excellent condition. A lot of consignment places also seem to be splitting up the pouch from the bag and selling them as separates, so if you want a full set, the savings are not great.

That said, I'm in Canada, and our pre-owned scene might be a bit different from the US or wherever you are.

I purchased my mono MM pre-loved and I paid 800. Very good condition with some patina but my main reason is that I wanted the older version, with the cursive writing on the pocket.
I think you can find something in your budget in great condition buy you do have to do your research and hunting to locate one.

Good luck!

Reactions: Fashion412
How much do you care about the pouch that come with the Neverfull? A lot of sellers sell the pouch separately from the bag for about $300ish, so if you are looking for the bag and the pouch, it often ends up being close to retail anyway. I am a fan of buying things pre-loved, but with the Neverfull, I knew I wanted the pouch so it pre-loved was not worth it for me for the Neverfull.

Have you ever bought a preloved bag? That's a very important beginning question, because you need to know your tolerance for preowned. Not everyone enjoys a bag with evidence of someone else, whether it's minor like the leather having changed over time or more obvious things like a stain or discoloration. If you haven't bought preowned before, spending $1K is a steep amount if there's a chance you'd be unhappy.

The other factor is, of course, authenticity, meaning you bear a huge burden of proof to be sure you've bought a true LV. None of this is a problem when buying new from the boutique.
Yes! My Chanel black classic flap is pre-loved, but I went crazy with research, the buyer I purchased from, photos, authenticity cards, etc. and honestly it was a gorgeous find in excellent condition (and I saved about $2K). I worry a bit more about LV given how replicated it is - to your point. I appreciate your insight!

Buy it brand new, you cant save much getting a preloved one. Unless of course if you can accept a more loved neverfull. Is this your first bag from LV?
No - I've had a speedy, a Rosebery Cabas (no longer exists), the Favorite, and Siena - all that I've sold as my tastes/preferences changed (started investing in Chanel, Gucci, etc.). In hindsight, I should've gotten a Neverfull ages ago and I just think it's time to pick one up for work and travel.

Thank you all - I didn't even think about the pouch part. I could probably use that piece to carry some smaller things to and from work, and/or travel. I think it's not worth saving a couple hundred bucks, so I may just buy at the store... I always want less practical (for my life) bags (looking at you, Givenchy Antigona) when really I just need to be smart and get the bag I'd use every single day!

Reactions: Pagan and litchi
Thank you all - I didn't even think about the pouch part. I could probably use that piece to carry some smaller things to and from work, and/or travel. I think it's not worth saving a couple hundred bucks, so I may just buy at the store... I always want less practical (for my life) bags (looking at you, Givenchy Antigona) when really I just need to be smart and get the bag I'd use every single day!
It's well worth getting your NF new from the boutique. Good luck and enjoy using it!

I had a preloved one and it was nice and soft because of previous use. I did sell it to get a new one because they are so durable, it's a good investment to make. I sold the pouch and got some money back so even better.
My neighbour has the DE one and she never stops using it, still looks brilliant, I have the mono.