Would You Buy a Pre-loved Hermes Bag...

This is a very interesting question. I bought a pre-loved birkin and had it initialed to insure that it was authentic. I carry the bag and had completely forgotten that the initials are there because they are hidden under the flap. Based on this, I guess I would buy a monogrammed bag if the initials were discretely placed.

I am on the verge of buying a Birkin with initials under the "Hermes" stamp. The initials will always be visible when the bag is opened and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It is a colour I love and the price is ok. However, I do have a habit of recycling my bags and the only downside is that they probably won't be so easy to recycle with initials on. For that reason I always initial my own bags blind - no colour. That way they aren't so noticeable.

And for anyone interested in removing them, once on a bag they can't be removed (I just checked with Hermes)

Unless the initials belonged to a celebrity (which may increase value), I would expect that initials should decrease the price of the bag. If this is so and you feel it is an even better value, it makes it more appealing.

Which leads me to ask: Hermes, being what it is, would a monogram have a negative impact if one were to later sell the bag?