Would You Buy a Pre-loved Hermes Bag...

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
Hmmm if it were grace kellys or Audrey hepbourns ......hmmmm actually truthfully no but it's a personal thing darling my two preowned bags come from dear dear friends and fammilly I feel that the initials on the actual bag make it more a property and so I would rather not but I'll tell you something if ever I found a bag that had matching initials I would so go for it because I would see it as. A ,want to be thing !!!! But in all honesty with non matching initials no I would not ....... But hope it helps darling !!.birkel.

graycat5

O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
An interesting question, chessmont...

I think I just might. After all, I have a collection of vintage and hotel silver, some of which has others' initials on it.

I think it might give the bag some character and an interesting sense of history. It would be a bag with "a past!"

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I don't think I would.

Many years ago we bought a print at an auction and discovered later that at the bottom corner (fairly small) the artist had written a note to the prior owner. You couldn't see it if you didn't get really close, but it always bothered me!

Kleio

Mar 30, 2011
Depends, I would say. I have very, very, very picky tastes, so if the bag manages to impress me (a herculean feat!), I will certainly consider it. Certainly the initials might give me pause, but I wouldn't completely rule the bag out simply based on that alone.